Transient Ischemic Stroke

What is the cause of my recurrent strokes and TIA?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 65 year old female with hypercoagulation. What is the root cause of hypercoagulation and can it be treated so the condition goes away? My fibrinogen, antithrombin III, and D Dimer are elevated and my TEG platelet mapping shows hypercoagulation. I am taking Coumadin 5 mg per day. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Smrita Singh

Pathologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your elevated antithrombin 3 and D-dimer levels are a direct consequence of the stroke you suffered and the many TIAs. High fibrinogen levels are associated with an increased incidence of blood clots. The treatment that you are receiving currently is to prevent the ...  Read Full »