Umbilical Hernia

How to reduce weight in case of overweight with umbilical hernia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old with a weight of 63 kg, and my height is 153 cm. I am feeling overweight. My stomach is big, and I am having an umbilical hernia. How to reduce my weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nowadays this problem is very common, my advice is to try to go for proper diet planning and increase energy expenditure as there will be an imbalance between food intake and exercise. So there is a need to do more exercise and control over your food. You must foll...  Read Full »

My belly button popped out after pregnancy. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a mother of two children. After my delivery, my navel has popped out and it has remained so even now. Please suggest some ways to get back my usual naval shape.  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, after childbirth, the rectum sheath and the muscles go weak and lead to a hernia. So, what you have may be an umbilical hernia. It will increase on coughing. It has to be checked by a surgeon. If it is a hernia, it can be treated surgically and the navel wi...  Read Full »

Why is my belly button hard?

Query: Hello doctor, The top of my belly button, that is, the skin of my belly button is hard and firm, and the rest of my belly button is not. I feel as if there is something under the surface. I changed my diet, so I lost some weight. I was 168 lbs, and now I am 135 lbs. If I place two fingers over my b...  Read Full »

Dr. Dalia Mostafa Nayel

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, and there is no need to worry. This is due to different layers of connective tissues. For further queries consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician  Read Full »

Is mild umbilical hernia after C-section curable with proper excercise and Ayurvedic medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I had C-section three years ago. My stomach started bulging, so I visited a doctor and had sonography. So came to know that I have mild umbilical hernia 0.7. If I do proper exercise and follow ayurvedic medicine suggested by you, then is this mild hernia curable? Please help me with t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sheena Rony

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Since you had C-section, you are likely to develop incisional hernia which is a common issue faced post C-sections if proper care is not taken during wound healing. It is not curable with only medicines but it can be preventable from reachi...  Read Full »

What are the abdominal exercises to be done after hernia surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I underwent surgery for umbilical hernia. Kindly let me know some exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must take complete rest for one week, and no exertion up to one month. After one month, you may get back to normal activities without restriction. It is advisable to start the routine work slowly and gradually. It is not advisable to do abdominal crunches after...  Read Full »

After hernia surgery, can I lift heavy weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old. My doctor said that I have an umbilical hernia. Either open surgery or laparoscopy, which would be the best? After which surgery, can I lift heavy weights? I am a sports person and a bodybuilder. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your cardiovascular status that is heart and lung functions are fine, then you can go for laparoscopic surgery. That is cosmetically better and less invasive. The scar will be much bigger in open, so chances of scar rupture and dehiscence are higher in open. The pos...  Read Full »

My hernia is back within six months. Should I get it operated again?

Query: Hello doctor, I have undergone a hernia operation six months back. But then, I got a similar pain and I was scanned. A small hernia was detected again. Should I get it operated or wait for some time? Please give me a suggestion.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your records (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a radiological evidence of hernia. The worrisome finding in the report is that the opening is a small one with intestinal loops inside. It is safer to get a surgery done. Otherwise, ...  Read Full »

Please read my CT scan and explain about the stomach pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from stomach pain for 10 years with diarrhea and constipation. Also, there has been on and off liver pain and pain around my female area. I got married for 10 years. I had five healthy pregnancies and nine very early miscarriages in between for unknown reasons. I have a h...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a small cyst like area in the right lobe of the liver. However, this should not be causing any pain or discomfort in the right upper abdomen. There is an evolving umbilical hernia and probably causing you to have abdominal distension. It is not something you sho...  Read Full »