The full form of UTI is urinary tract infection. It is a bacterial infection of the urinary tract, which includes the urethra, ureters, kidneys, and bladder. The symptoms are burning or pain on urination, frequent urination, fever, chills, cloudy urine, blood in urine, constant urge to pee, and pelvic pain. Antibiotics like Amoxycillin, Norfloxacin, and Ceftriaxone are used in the treatment.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I have a strong urge to urinate?

Query: Hi doctor, In the morning, I have a strong and frequent urge to pass urine. It continues for an hour or two. After urinating normally, only droppings take place. Today, a few drops of blood also came. My intake of water is about 2 liters a day. There is no discharge or itching. Throughout the day it...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have developed urinary tract infection (UTI). It is common in diabetic patients to develop infection despite good water intake. I suggest you get urine routine and microscopy along with urine culture sensitivity done. Take antibiotics accordingly. ...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to undergo biopsy for an UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt is suffering from urine infection. Doctor advised her to go for a biopsy to find out the cause. My concern is, is it safe to get a biopsy?  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. But, biopsy is not recommended for any form urinary tract infection (UTI). Biopsy is a test of a small amount of mass which is usually done when cancer is suspected. For further assistance consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online...  Read Full »

Does UTI cause pain and burning sensation after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I got married recently. After having intercourse with my husband, I feel too much pain in my vagina and also burning sensation while urinating. I also feel frequent urination. Is this urinary tract infection? Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right. You have symptoms of urinary tract infection (UTI). Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done. We can start the appropriate antibiotic then. Meanwhile, have plenty of water of about 10-15 glasses a day to flush out the toxins. Revert back with the ...  Read Full »

Can antibiotics be taken for Klebsiella infection during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been suffering from urinary tract infections on and off for the last month. I gave my urine for culture and it showed up Klebsiella one lakh count. My gynecologist advised to take Norfloxacin 400 mg twice a day but the internet has a mixed review of the...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Norfloxacin can be given in the second trimester of pregnancy that is after 13 weeks. Your urine culture report shows that it will be sensitive to Norfloxacin. Klebsiella is a very resistant bacteria. You will need a prolonged treatment with N...  Read Full »

I had sex couple of days ago and now it hurts to pee. Is it herpes?

Query: Hello doctor,I need help. I think I might have herpes. I had sex couple of days ago and now it hurts to pee.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your condition. But your lesions do not look like herpes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They look more like folliculitis. That is bacterial infection of the hair follicles. It can occur due to improper hygiene, aggressive inte...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.