Vitreous Degenerations

What causes floaters in the eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male, recently 20 years of age. About a year ago I started noticing something weird with my left peripheral vision, although I could not put my finger on it. It was more like a weird sensation. I had just moved to another country at the time, so I can imagine I was quite stressed...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Floaters are fairly common in the population. They are more common in people having refractive errors like myopia, astigmatism, etc. Since you are having flashes along with floaters, it is good to have a fundus examination of your eyes. I note that you have seen an o...  Read Full »

Why do I suddenly see large floaters in my eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. Suddenly, I am having large floaters in my eyes. Is it possible that it will decrease with time? How long will it take to decrease?  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you have floaters. Eye floaters are because of problems in the posterior part of the eye involving vitreous and retina. Hence, this requires evaluation by indirect ophthalmoscopy, to rule out vitreous degenerations...  Read Full »

I am suffering from eye floater problem. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from eye floater problem since four years, in which, I see grey shapes in front of my eyes and also observing headache. My left eye vision is -3.1, and right eye vision is -1.8.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are near-sighted (myopic) person. Seeing floaters points to the fact that there might be early changes of vitreous degeneration in your eye which itself is not a problem but it may cause undue traction on your retina. Here is what I suggest: You have to visit a...  Read Full »

I get flashes or lightening in the eye. What could it be due to?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 50 year old female. I get flashes or lightning in the eye. I am taking medicines for diabetes, blood pressure, and thyroid.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is the age where you get posterior vitreous detachment. It is a naturally occurring age-related phenomenon where the vitreous jelly separates from one's retina and in this process, one might experience a ring-like floater and probably some flashes. Some warning...  Read Full »

What is your opinion regarding the tiny specks in vision?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it normal to see tiny specks in vision when looking at plain wall or plain surface or when in darkness. My retina check is fine. Is it something to worry about?  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is very much normal to see specks in vision. It is more realized by a normal person while looking at plain wall or in dark areas. There is a fluid called vitreous in the posterior cavity of the eyeball. It is in gel form, but as age advances this fluid starts l...  Read Full »