Vomiting Blood

Kindly suggest the cause of nosebleeds and blood in vomit.

Query: Hello doctor, My brother is 32 years old. He is suffering from a strange medical problem. For the last couple of years, he has been vomiting blood. The problem has got worsened recently, with the blood coming from the nose and the mouth. This happens at least three to four times a week. Because of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. I want to assure you that, you do not have to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted.  Read Full »

Why did I find a blue sack in my vomit with a grainy white powder in the middle?

Query: Im a 20 year old female, 5’9, 257 lbs. I have been feeling sick starting at 6pm day, and its 1:30am now. My symtoms are feeling shakey, nausea, headache, and diarrhea. I just made myself throw up to see if I would feel better, and I found a blue sack in my vomit with a white, almost grainy pow...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. The best way to know whether you have any blood clots are to get yourself investigated with tests at a nearby hospital. Meanwhile, let's focus on your other issues such as nausea & vomiting. I will need answers to the following questions. It will help in further diagnoses. ...  Read Full »

I vomit blood when I eat chicken, egg, and banana. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a female and my age is 19 years. The following are the symptoms I have faced regularly. Vomiting blood, chest pain (middle to back from the right side when I exercise), nausea, dizziness, changes in breathing and rapid heartbeat. If I walk under the sun for 10 to 15 minutes, the ches...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the information posted by you. I am sorry that you are going through all these at this age. Coming to the question, I will try to help you in a possible manner by giving some differential diagnosis,  which might be the cause of your symptoms. ...  Read Full »

Is my breathing problem and vomiting with blood related to Coronavirus?

Query: I have breathing problem past 9 years, sometimes i will be ok, sometimes it will be severe, if i take medicine (novamax, romilast) it will go away, another several month it will not come, now i have a breathing problem, yesterday night it became severe i vomiting with blood, this is the first time b...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello greetings.. Happy to give consultation. With the history it doesn't seem to be corona. U have lower respiratory infection. I would suggest antibiotics and other supportive medicines. Treatment - 1) Tab. Augmentin 625 1-0-1 2) Tab. Doxolin 400mg 1/2 - 0 - 1/2 3) Tab. Pantocid 1-0-0 (Before fo...  Read Full »

I am vomiting blood and have stomach pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been throwing up blood for over a week now and it is bright red. I have severe pain in the top part of my stomach. The doctor said there is nothing wrong. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What was hemoglobin level in CBC report? If it was less than 10 then you need to hospitalize for supportive treatment, possible blood transfusion requirement and further evaluation. Do you experience difficulty in swallowing, burning type pain in chest? Blood in vom...  Read Full »

Blood in vomit after drinking too much alcohol. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20 year old male. About three days ago, I vomited bright red blood after consuming excessive alcohol. This is the first time I have consumed more than one beer and I was also unconscious. I have not been having any pains or any other symptoms. After the first vomit of blood, I pu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. At this age, bleeding with vomiting is likely due to an injury to the lower esophagus because of the force of the vomit. If the bleeding was severe, then an upper GI (gastrointestinal) endoscopy is necessary for two reasons. Alcohol drinking ...  Read Full »

My vomit was red-colored. Is it due to red wine or blood?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. Yesterday night, I went out with my friends and I drank for the first time. We drank quite a lot and my last drink was a glass of red wine. After coming back, I felt sick and puked. My vomit was red colored. I vomited quite a lot. I was wondering if it was blood, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nothing to worry much. It will be most probably the wine with some amount of gastric juice. Retching during vomiting will cause small erosion and bleed. This is a self-limiting one. Just observe the color of your stools for the next three days. If the stools are yellow...  Read Full »

My father is talking irrelevantly after being admitted to the ICU. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My father had a chronic liver problem. Last week, he began to puke blood. At once, he was admitted to an ICU of a private hospital. The endoscopy was done and the doctor prescribed him medicines for binding the areas in the food pipe where the bleeding occurred. That was done. The blo...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is decompensated liver disease. This condition has a very bad prognosis if it is not treated well. He needs liver transplantation. But, the things should be stabilized with an adequate dose of antibiotics and diuretics. He is talking incoherently because toxins ha...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife noticed blood in her vomit. What is the reason?

Query: My doctor,My wife is pregnant and this is her third month. During vomiting, she noticed blood. What is the reason? Kindly suggest me.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unusual for a pregnant woman to vomit blood. The reason may be excess, repeated vomiting caused esophageal tears, which leads to blood in the vomitus. If hematemesis is persistent and there are signs of decreased perfusion like cold extremities, giddiness, low bl...  Read Full »