Aging

Why do I look 40 years old when I am only 29?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male, who looks like a 40 year old. I have aged very poorly. What caused this to happen? What can I do to look my proper age?  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Early aging can be a consequence of multiple factors. The most important ones are sun exposure, poor nutrition, improper sleep, bad lifestyle habits, and poor regular care of the skin. Excessive sun exposure damages the normal texture of the skin by altering the collage...  Read Full »

I am losing weight due to diabetes. How to control this?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 69 year old male. I am a diabetic patient using Cetapin XR 500 tablets since the last two years. My bloodsugar is almost in control, but I am losing weight. Can you help me?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that your diabetes is well controlled with your medications. This medication is suitable for your age and diabetes stage. However, it can cause a slight weight loss. You can lose weight as a sign of a...  Read Full »

I have signs of premature aging. Please suggest a homeopathy cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 21. I am suffering from dark circles and fine lines and wrinkles around eyes even with dark facial hairs and loose facial skin. In short, I am finding signs of premature aging, hair greying, and excessive hair loss. Please please help me out.  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you have been suffering from the signs of premature aging. The most common cause for this is lack of sleep and very stressful life. Firstly, I would advise you to take proper rest and sleep every day for seven to eight hours and try to manage or reduce ...  Read Full »

I have dark circles, fine lines and aging spots. Please suggest relevant medication.

Query: Hello doctor,I had some eye problem for which I was asked to do warm compress around the eyes. As a result, I am suffering from dark circles, fine lines, and aging spots. Please suggest any relevant medication. Also, I am not able to understand my skin structure. In the winters, it is too dry and in...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that there has been damage to the skin. White spots on the sides of the right sides are called miliaria crystallina. In simple terms, it is the enlargement and plugging of the sweat glands. You will need to go to a dermatologist to remove the plugs o...  Read Full »

Which product is safe for my skin to look lighter?

Query: Hi doctor,I would like to know how and which product is safe for my skin to look lighter. My facial skin does not look like how it used to, and I do not like it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After 30 years, skin starts to lose its elasticity, and during winter because of dryness, skin looks dull. I would suggest you try: Vitamin C serum - it is a good antioxidant and anti-aging medicine. Apply to the whole face in the morning. A good sunscreen with ...  Read Full »

What can I do to limit the signs of aging?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male with quite rough skin on my face, which I am not happy with. I was wondering if you could provide me with some advice on what I can do to limit the signs of aging, specifically forehead lines and also the dry look on my skin. I think my problem is sun damage. I ha...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can go for Botox (Botulinum toxin) nevertheless I would suggest you to use Cellex C serum and Hydra 5B complex twice daily. It contains vitamin C, which is a potent antioxidant, helps in collagen synthesis. Hence, alteration of aging sign and carries no side eff...  Read Full »

Is it beneficial to have lemon with water?

Query: Hi doctor, Can you explain whether consuming lemon with water in the morning and in the evening is beneficiary or not?  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lemon contains vitamin C.  The favorable factors are it is an antioxidant; it delays aging and helps to boost the immunity. For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner  Read Full »

Should I visit a doctor for my slightly low eGFR?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not have any real complaints. I just got my laboratory test results. They show BUN 29.1, creatinine 1.01, BUN/creatinine ratio 29 and eGFR 64. I do not have any bad symptoms other than some retention of fluid. I urinate a lot but I am on Triamterene 75/50 twice a day. I do drink...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know your age and how your heart functions. Do you have any recent 2D echo done? Regarding serum creatinine and BUN (blood urea nitrogen), they are normal. But, eGFR - estimated glomerular filtration rate is slightly low. That...  Read Full »

What are the fading purple-like patches that appear on arms and legs?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 62 years old. She has purple-like patches on her arms and legs as shown in the attached picture. She said that she has it for over three to four years and these patches fade in a few days once they appear. My mother also has diabetes and hypertension. She is using some antib...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother's condition seems to be senile purpura. Senile purpura is a common benign condition characterized by recurrent formation of purple ecchymoses (bruises) on the extens...  Read Full »