Baby Skin Care

What causes the skin around a baby's anus to turn red?

Query: Hi doctor,I am the mother of a two months old baby boy. Last week I have noticed that my baby’s butthole and its surrounding area has turned red in color. I have been using pampers on a daily basis, but I have always made it a point to change the diapers within four hours time. I have been using r...  Read Full »

Dr. Samreen A Urooj

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need to worry. I have gone through the pictures of your baby (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, answering your first question, sometimes rashes appear due to dryness or lack of care. So, you can apply vaseline or Polyfax (Polymyx...  Read Full »

My 1-year-old son has spreading rash. What it is?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1-year-old son has a rash. It started where his diaper was and began to appear between his legs, in arms, neck back and stomach. He had the vaccine for chickenpox, so I think it is measles. I need help.  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. I have seen the attached photographs also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand your concern. As per details, it seems that your baby is having a condition called atopic dermatitis. It is characterized by generalized d...  Read Full »

My one month old son is suffering from allergy on his cheeks and chin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 1 month old. His weight is 2.7 kg, and he has been suffering from allergy in his face especially on his cheeks and chin since last five to six days. Now it looks like a sunburn and an allergic reaction. But I could not understand the cause. He has trouble in breathing, and n...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The allergy that you may be talking about is probably milk dripping from the sides of the lips onto the cheeks and chin. This milk may be causing those allergic rashes on the cheeks and chin. Please observe, and if it is so, please wipe off the milk that is dripping....  Read Full »

How to cure my baby's cough and cold?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a girl child, and she is 1 month and 16 days old. She is suffering from a cough and cold. This is to inform you that there is no pediatrician in our city. There is a medical practitioner who prescribed some medicine like Moxikind CV, Bro Zedex syrup, Asthakind syrup, and nasal ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arti Sharma

Paediatrician, General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Baby is very small. Medicines may be given. Provide the warm environment and keep the baby warm. Use the vaporizer and give indirect steam. You may keep a pot of roasted ajwain and garlic near the cot of the baby, the smoke or the fumes help in relieving blocked airw...  Read Full »

My baby is suffering from rash on her neck, chest and face. What will be the issue?

Query: Hi doctor, My 8 months old baby is suffering from allergy or rash. First, it started on her neck, small tiny bump-like and then now appeared on her face, chest and all over her neck. What will be the issue? She had eczema before a month and was treated for the same.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.There can be a few common reasons for this rash.Oil massage is the most common reason. If so, then please stop doing oil massage.Milk dripping down the chin and neck. This may happen when the child is feeding. If the milk stays there, in some children it may cause irritatio...  Read Full »