Bleeding From Eye

Is it normal for a newborn to have eye bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know is it normal for a newborn to have eye bleeding. He is almost one month old. I was surprised that his tears are blood. Should I worry or is that just normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such bleeding is not normal. The causes of such an occurrence are varied. A few common causes include a blood clot, a tear in the tear duct, infections like conjunctivitis, and sometimes a cut in the conjunctival lining can also cause this. The best thing, for now, w...  Read Full »

What is the cause for eye floaters problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old male. I have eye floaters problem. I have blood pressure. I am taking tablets for it.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Rathi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The floaters in the front of the eye indicate disease in the posterior segment of the eye that is retina or vitreous. As you have raised blood pressure, though you are taking medication, you have an increased chance of having retina and vitreous problems. You can get yo...  Read Full »

What does it mean if the eye bleeds after a head injury?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter hit her head and her eyes bleed. I cannot have access to an eye specialist since it is a weekend in my country. I want to know how dangerous can this be. What caused the eye to bleed? What else can I do until Monday when I take her to an eye specialist?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly tell me is the blood coming out of her eye or is it collected in the white part of her eye known as a subconjunctival hemorrhage. A picture of her eye would have been very helpful. If blood is oozing out of her eye, which is very less likely, kindly immediate...  Read Full »