Burning Pain In Feet

Can diabetes result in stiffness and burning sensation in the legs?

Query: Hi doctor, My father's age is 62 years. He is suffering from diabetes mellitus and hypertension for more than 25 years. He had a right-sided mild paralysis stroke (PPA) and is suffering from stiffness and burning sensation in his legs and feet. The recent investigations showed fasting blood sugar l...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query. The stiffness and burning sensation are due to nerve damage (neuropathy) caused due to uncontrolled diabetes. HbA1c of 8.5 percent means your father's diabetes is very poorly controlled and needs some changes in the dosage. I suggest that ...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe toe burning after getting diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe and continuous toe burning for the last two years. It spread up to the middle of the feet. After 30 to 45 minutes of walking the burning becomes more intolerable. I wake up in the night due to disturbed sleep. My age is 69 years, and weight is 83 kg. I am diabet...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. It seems that you have been suffering from diabetic neuropathy.¬†However, I would like to exclude vitamin B12 deficiency as well as high uric acid before stating this. So, I would like you to get the following investigations. Serum vitamin B12 ass...  Read Full »

Is high blood pressure the cause of burning sensation on the left foot and wrist?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 57-year-old male with a weight of 75 kilograms and a height of five feet. I had a blood pressure of 150/100 mmHg. After that, I started taking Telmiduce 40. After taking it for 12 days, I checked my blood pressure and it was 130/100 mmHg. I am non-diabetic. I stopped taking Telm...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports and everything seems to be perfect except RBC (red blood cells). It seems to be in an increased range. Do not be worried. You have a blood pressure of 130/100 mmHg and the systolic is 130. But diastolic has to be below 85. It is still...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have burning sensation in feet with high sugar levels?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having leg cramps from the past two to three months. And now from the past two weeks, she is complaining about feet sole pain and burning sensation which is almost intolerable. We got a few blood tests done as advised by our family doctor as per which two tests are worryin...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and mentioned investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Fasting blood sugar 129 mg/dL is something to worry about because it is in the diabetic range. I will be happy to help you better if you can upload all the inve...  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis for burning red palms and soles?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with MGUS (IGA) when I was seeing a neurologist for some burning in my palms of my hands and soles of my feet which is awful at night and prohibits me from sleeping. This has been going on for six months but has gotten worse so I went back to the neurologist. Neurolog...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamal Kant Sahu

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to ciliniq.com. I am sorry to hear with regards to your complaints and how much you are going through. I have seen your hand pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). To be frank, it is really a tough case. There can be a few things that can be looked for: 1. Chro...  Read Full »

I feel burning pain in feet and leg after unprotected sex. Is it HIV neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, How conclusive are three months negative HIV fourth generation duo test? I did an unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a prostitute and have feet and leg burning pain, prickling, tingling in feet and hand fingers. Is there any test that tells I am 100% HIV free? My doctor told me it...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, the HIV infection takes few days to years to produce the symptoms (it is called as incubation period). The incubation period is not fixed in HIV infection. It is the time taken for the organism to establish itself within the human body. As all of us know t...  Read Full »

What causes burning pain in legs which worsens on sitting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old. I have had pain in both of my legs when sitting for about 12 years. The pain starts 15 minutes after sitting and it is pretty bad. There are itchy and burning pain between my calves and ankles and it feels like my legs are squeezed in this area. At the same time, the...  Read Full »

Dr. Priety

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Leg pain can have so many causes but from your history of aching after sitting suggest a possibility of DVT (deep vein thrombosis). DVT is the formation of a blood clot in a deep leg vein (blood vessel). The pain is typically a burning or cramping sensation. Immobili...  Read Full »

Will excruciating pain in feet while walking indicate fracture in feet?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days ago I jumped off a gate that was about 10 feet tall. Upon landing, I landed flat on my feet, a surge of excruciating pain took over my feet. Since then, I have trouble walking and the pain has not yet subsided. Though it hurts a lot when I am walking and putting pressure o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without examining you it is very difficult to be precise but I can say with confidence that you have a significant injury as bruising is a hallmark of either a fracture or a significant soft tissue trauma. Weight-bearing is the second thing we look at and if you canno...  Read Full »

I have burning feet, warm palms and slightly warm penis after treating STD. Are they all connected?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old, and I have burning sensation underneath my feet since last year, after treating an STD. It was occurring mostly at nights, but these days it appears to be there from morning till night. Then I had a series of a sore throat last year, for which I was treated with antib...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given a history of STD treated, What type of STD it is? If it is syphilis, is it cured completely? If it is not healed completely may lead to a complication called tabes dorsalis. When syphilis is untreated, the bacteria damage the spinal cord and peripheral...  Read Full »

Can pain in the feet be due to nerve damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my right feet and on the right side of my feet. It started on its own. I did not have any sprain or injury. If I press my feet from right side little bit also it pains like too much and I can scream. Can it be nerve pain ? I am diagnosed with diabtetes and my HbA1c is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in the foot in diabetic patients may be due to plantar fasciitis or peripheral neuropathy or charcots joints or peripheral vascular disease or gouty arthritis or cellulitis, etc. Please get an X-ray of foot and ankle, get it done color doppler and nerve conducti...  Read Full »