Burning Pain In Feet

Can diabetes result in stiffness and burning sensation in the legs?

Query: My father aged is 62 years, suffering with DM-HTN > 25 years and had right side mild paralysis stroke (PPA) suffering with stiffness and burning sensation in both leg and feets.The recent investigations shows Fasting 90 mg , plbs 216 mg, Lipid Profile and urine examination resulted normal. Hba1c 8....  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq Thanks for posting your Query . See the stiffness and burning sensation is due to nerve damage ( Neuropathy ) caused due to Uncontrolled Diabetes . A HBA1c of 8.5 means your father's diabetes is very poorly controlled and needs some changes in the dosage . I Advise him ...  Read Full »

Is high blood pressure the cause of burning sensation on the left foot and wrist?

Query: Age 57, Male, height 175cm, weight 75kg, blood group o+ BP was 150/100. Started with telmeduce 40, after medication for 12 days BP was 130/100. Non diabetic. Stopped Telmeduce and started Telvas CT 40, continued for 3 days as of 08.09.20, yet to check BP Did complete Blood analysis, hemoglobin ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq Thank you for writing us and i am concerned about you. I saw your reports and everything seems perfect except slightly increased RBC. Which is not really high. So do not worry about that. But sir your BP is 130/100 the systolic 130 is okay but diastolic has to below 85. It&rs...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have burning sensation in feet with high sugar levels?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is having leg cramps from the past two to three months. And now from the past two weeks, she is complaining about feet sole pain and burning sensation which is almost intolerable. We got a few blood tests done as advised by our family doctor as per which two tests are worryin...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and mentioned investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Fasting blood sugar 129 mg/dL is something to worry about because it is in the diabetic range. I will be happy to help you better if you can upload all the inve...  Read Full »

What is the possible diagnosis for burning red palms and soles?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with MGUS (IGA) when I was seeing a neurologist for some burning in my palms of my hands and soles of my feet which is awful at night and prohibits me from sleeping. This has been going on for six months but has gotten worse so I went back to the neurologist. Neurolog...  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to ciliniq.com. I am sorry to hear with regards to your complaints and how much you are going through. I have seen your hand pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). To be frank, it is really a tough case. There can be a few things that can be looked for: 1. Chro...  Read Full »

I feel burning pain in feet and leg after unprotected sex. Is it HIV neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, How conclusive are three months negative HIV fourth generation duo test? I did an unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a prostitute and have feet and leg burning pain, prickling, tingling in feet and hand fingers. Is there any test that tells I am 100% HIV free? My doctor told me it...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, the HIV infection takes few days to years to produce the symptoms (it is called as incubation period). The incubation period is not fixed in HIV infection. It is the time taken for the organism to establish itself within the human body. As all of us know t...  Read Full »

What causes burning pain in legs which worsens on sitting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old. I have had pain in both of my legs when sitting for about 12 years. The pain starts 15 minutes after sitting and it is pretty bad. There are itchy and burning pain between my calves and ankles and it feels like my legs are squeezed in this area. At the same time, the...  Read Full »

Dr. Priety

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Leg pain can have so many causes but from your history of aching after sitting suggest a possibility of DVT (deep vein thrombosis). DVT is the formation of a blood clot in a deep leg vein (blood vessel). The pain is typically a burning or cramping sensation. Immobili...  Read Full »

Will excruciating pain in feet while walking indicate fracture in feet?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days ago I jumped off a gate that was about 10 feet tall. Upon landing, I landed flat on my feet, a surge of excruciating pain took over my feet. Since then, I have trouble walking and the pain has not yet subsided. Though it hurts a lot when I am walking and putting pressure o...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Without examining you it is very difficult to be precise but I can say with confidence that you have a significant injury as bruising is a hallmark of either a fracture or a significant soft tissue trauma. Weight-bearing is the second thing we look at and if you canno...  Read Full »

I have burning feet, warm palms and slightly warm penis after treating STD. Are they all connected?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old, and I have burning sensation underneath my feet since last year, after treating an STD. It was occurring mostly at nights, but these days it appears to be there from morning till night. Then I had a series of a sore throat last year, for which I was treated with antib...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given a history of STD treated, What type of STD it is? If it is syphilis, is it cured completely? If it is not healed completely may lead to a complication called tabes dorsalis. When syphilis is untreated, the bacteria damage the spinal cord and peripheral...  Read Full »

Can pain in the feet be due to nerve damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my right feet and on the right side of my feet. It started on its own. I did not have any sprain or injury. If I press my feet from right side little bit also it pains like too much and I can scream. Can it be nerve pain ? I am diagnosed with diabtetes and my HbA1c is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in the foot in diabetic patients may be due to plantar fasciitis or peripheral neuropathy or charcots joints or peripheral vascular disease or gouty arthritis or cellulitis, etc. Please get an X-ray of foot and ankle, get it done color doppler and nerve conducti...  Read Full »

Why is there burning sensation, redness and pain in feet in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am diabetic since 12 years and BP is 85/160 after taking medicine for diabetes. I used to take Galvasmet 50/500 BD doses for the last one month. I am getting pain in both my feet at the lower portion, burning sensation, and redness. I am not able to walk fast and below the foot, it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your symptoms may be an indication of uncontrolled high blood sugar. Your fasting and postprandial levels look fine, but will only give you the levels on the day of testing. It is important to check HbA1c level once in six months. This wil...  Read Full »