Chemicals

What is the cause for hair loss and hair thinning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am working in an oil plant and suffering from hair thinning and hair loss for the past one month. I am extremely healthy with a clean diet and exercise (non-smoker and no alcohol). Is this due to desalinated water and heat? Is this permanent hair loss? What can I do to prevent further ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use coconut oil mixed with castor oil on your hair. Give a gentle massage. Use a filter or soft water to wash hair. Do not wash hair frequently. Use a mild shampoo. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/a...  Read Full »

Is there any risk from short-term exposure to ethanol?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know if there is a short-term health risk due to the inhalation of 70 % ethanol and isopropyl alcohol. I do not mean the hand wash, but the pure liquid, which I use for electronic repairing and cleaning. I almost always use an organic vapor mask or gas mask. If I work long...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An occasional brief exposure of not more than two minutes, as you mentioned, can be done without a mask. However, it is always recommended to use protection when dealing with poisonous gases, especially when you are working in that environment regularly. For more infor...  Read Full »