Cognitive Therapy

Please suggest ways to overcome anger and resentment towards my aunt.

Query: Hi doctor, I have seen my aunt torturing my mom during my years of growing up from 4 to 21 years. My father died when I was 3, so we had to stay at my maternal grandparent's house. All I remember in my childhood was my mom's suffering, fear of aunt, etc. I hate that aunt so much and we have cut all ...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Your unconscious mind has certain footprints of what you have suffered in your past and you need to get rid of the negative aspects of it. There will be good and bad. Good incidents will give you pleasant feeling and bad incidents will give ...  Read Full »

My boyfriend gets paranoid, thinking I may cheat on him. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have completed my MBA and currently searching for a job. I am in a relationship for nearly eight years. At one point we were even living together . My mom does not approve the relationship and wants me to get married to a groom inside our caste. My father is no more. My boyfriend is pa...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your emotions. I can say that you are in utter confusion. I can perfectly understand your situation. In the given complex situation, taking a decision may be difficult for you. It is good that you approached professionals. Living with a paranoid person w...  Read Full »

Is there a treatment for diffuse cerebral atrophy?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is suffering from diffuse cerebral atrophy. He was admitted last week to a hospital where the doctors told me he is suffering from diffuse cerebral atrophy, but there are no medicines for this and there is no guarantee for his life. Please tell me what is the treatment for t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I am afraid I have to agree with your doctor because diffuse cerebral atrophy is not treatable as neurons once dead, do not regenerate. However, there are some measures to contr...  Read Full »

I need a psychiatric opinion for my friend who has been treated for catatonic schizophrenia.

Query: Hello doctor, I need a psychiatric opinion for my good friend who has been treated for catatonic schizophrenia. She is a 27 year old European woman. She had in total three episodes of catatonia that required hospitalization. But I suspect it may have been depression instead, since she volunteered h...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have read the query and after reading the history of hers I can tell you that these symptoms suggest more towards some neurotic illness specifically depression rather than catatonic schizophrenia. In catatonic schizophrenia patients s...  Read Full »

My daughter is hypersensitive to insult and criticism. How to make her feel confident?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 13 years old. For the medical record, she is yet to experience menarche. She is intelligent, cheerful, very creative, bubbly and incredibly empathetic child. I believe she is the best thing ever happened to us. I have a concern about her. She is very sensitive and cries at t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is at a tender age and in 15 to 25 years of age fixation of traits of personality occurs. Though any individual start developing specific features since birth, reshaping occurs whenever needed. Learning by doing, modeling, copying others, etc., also determine the d...  Read Full »

Is there a problem with my son's personailty?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is a college student. He is 21 now. He has depression from about three years and has been seeing a psychiatrist for a while. He has been missing assignments and classes and got put on probation and withdrawal. And, he lies a lot. For instance, he signed a waiver to his college ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression is now common in 2 % of the children and adolescents. Its cause is not specific, but a combination of multiple factors such as environmental, biological and psychological. Firstly, we have to look for any specific underlying causes for his depression. A...  Read Full »

How to get over the negative experiences I had in the past?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I have been feeling low. I feel sad, irritated and angry most of the times. It has been going on and off this way for the past five years. There are certain eating issues too. I do not feel like eating. I do not get hungry. I just eat one meal a day. And som...  Read Full »

Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have gone through a lot. From what you have told me, you seem to have had features of PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and could be having symptoms of depression and eating disorder. My advice to you would be to personally visit a psychiatrist...  Read Full »

I am unable to concentrate at work due to repetitive thoughts about my past. Please help me.

Query: Hi doctor, I am going through a difficult phase. I have been in a relationship with my colleague for the past four years. I then had to move to a different city for work. Now the problem is I have started missing her terribly. I cannot concentrate on work or anything else. We talk over the phone ev...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your trouble. Any relationship tends to get more emotional over time. In your case, naturally, the emotional bonding took over your logical thinking and behavior. Usually, there should not be anything to worry. In this modern world, you can keep in touch w...  Read Full »

Despite taking medicine for the past four years, I am facing depression and anxiety. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been on depression and anxiety medications for four years. I found out that I had depression because I stopped eating and landed in the hospital for being malnourished. I was exhausted with antidepressant and anxiety medicine. Now I am not sure whether it is the feeling of my body ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression and anxiety treatment should be given for long duration for best results. Even with medicine, your symptoms are persistent, so this is not the time to stop the medicines. But, the prescription should be evaluated. Do not think of reducing the doses ...  Read Full »

Please explain my mental pressure in professional point of view.

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure if I should be doing this, but I am worried. I really want to die. I have always considered it, but I have goals like seeing my books published. But, for the past few months, I have cared less for the books and more for how to die. I am trapped in school to study engineering...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms suggest some adjustment issues related to ongoing problems. These issues are resulting in the lack of pleasure and thus deteriorating the depression. The symptoms like a wish to die, inability to find pleasure in anything, feeling weak and tired, panic sympto...  Read Full »