Conception Date

I have PCOS and missed period for a year. How can I get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer with PCOS, I have lost 2 stone and now have a BMI of 33 and aim to get this lower. I have recently started Metformin to try and bring on ovulation/periods as I would like to get pregnant and have not had a period for over 1 year. A blood test this week indicated that my LH ho...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Laad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Continue taking Metformin. Try reducing weight atleast 14 kg in 6 months. Have you got your AMH and FSH levels checked? Please get it checked. Also have they given you any medicine for withdrawal bleeding? If not then take medicine for withdrawal bleeding as not bleedin...  Read Full »

How can I figure out my conception date?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I figure out my conception date? My last menstrual period was three months back. I had my dating ultrasound and it put the GA at 9 weeks and 3 days. Also there was a CRL measurement of 26.96. My due date based on LMP and ultrasound are different. Please answer. Also how many "...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of let me tell you that if your menses is coming every month with 2-3 days here or there then it is absolutely normal cycle. Now in normal cycle ovulation occurs in the middle of the cycle (around 12-18th day of cycle) when conception can actually happen. Fir...  Read Full »

What are the chances of implantation after 14 days of conception?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it possible for implantation to take place after 14 days of conception? I had flow on the exact date of my period for three days, but it was lighter. I used three sanitary pads. But next month I missed my period. I do not have any pregnancy symptoms. My TSH is 10.5. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, it would take seven to ten days before implantation happens. The fertilized egg (conception day) will have to develop first into blastocyst stage and travel down to implantation site. The actual duration cannot be exact, but it may extend to two to four days...  Read Full »

How to find the exact date of conception?

Query: Hi doctor, According to my LMP, I was 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and ultrasound showed I was 9 weeks and 3 days pregnant. There was a CRL measurement of 26.96 mm. I had sex on the last day of my periods and then again after 11 days. And, my LMP and ultrasound calculation show two days difference. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your estimation is correct. There is the least possibility of conceiving on the last day of the period. You must have conceived around the second event. Now, LMP (last menstrual period) and ultrasound time cannot match exactly. Although in your case, it is almost the...  Read Full »

The scan says my baby's growth is 10 days behind its age. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old female. I am 22 weeks and two days pregnant and was told at my last scan that the baby is about 10 days behind in size. All the other readings were normal, and the growth of the brain was normal for the gestational age. We are not very tall people. My husband is 5 feet...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. There is always some discrepancy while trying to assess the fetal age by ultrasonography (USG) and comparing it with your last menstruation period date. The discrepancies are: In a USG done in the first three months, there is a discrepa...  Read Full »

How is the ovulation day in a woman determined?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question to ask about the ovulation period of a woman. How can we count the day of ovulation? Do we count from the first day of the period or from the last day of period?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ovulation day is counted backward from the last day of the menstrual cycle. For example, if a woman had a regular cycle of 30 days so she will ovulate 14 days prior to her last day of that cycle. Meaning, she ovulates on the 16th day of her cycle. Another examp...  Read Full »

According to scan, the fetus growth is lagging. Kindly clarify it.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is three months pregnant, and the doctor is telling that the baby is lagging in growth for about one month. The fetus heartbeat is good as per ultrasound, but the fetal growth is less. My wife's weight also dropped from 57 to 55 kg and recently, she is having stomach ache and back...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a baby of 9 weeks and 5 days. With the EDD and calculated date of conception, it is a case of delayed conception where the child is not lagging growth. It is likely that the mother had delayed...  Read Full »