Dental Implant Failure

What can cause implant failure?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had two failed implants. I had the first implant two years ago and it was fine for about six months and then become slightly loose. Then, they removed it and blamed the dentist who put on the crown by saying that they put too much cement. I got the second implant a few months later...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is bone loss and it can be due to the failed implant (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If one failed, there was always very high chance of the failure of the other implant too. I believe they did not give the implant a proper time to heal and are...  Read Full »