Dental Implant Failure

Why do I have a severe toothache after an onlay implant procedure?

Query: Hello doctor,My question is, after an onlay implant procedure, I got some severe toothache. Today I went to make an x-ray for myself and noticed that one of the roots is reduced somehow. What can be the cause of this? And can a root canal save it? Many thanks for considering my request.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After evaluating your radiograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is resorption of one root with sclerosis around. This can be due to prolonged trauma from biting. The significant reasons for resorption as such are trauma, any periapical lesion, o...  Read Full »

What can cause implant failure?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had two failed implants. I had the first implant two years ago and it was fine for about six months and then become slightly loose. Then, they removed it and blamed the dentist who put on the crown by saying that they put too much cement. I got the second implant a few months later...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is bone loss and it can be due to the failed implant (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If one failed, there was always very high chance of the failure of the other implant too. I believe they did not give the implant a proper time to heal and are...  Read Full »