Diaper Rash

What are the causes of high fever and vomiting in babies?

Query: Hi doctor,I am asking a query for my son. He is ten months old. He is taking mixed feed with breastfeeding and formula milk. He takes Cerelac also. He is experiencing a high fever of 39.9 degree celsius and vomiting for the past two days. He has diaper rashes on sensitive private areas. His poop is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.As your child is having a high temperature, he needs physical examination immediately. Kindly consult a pediatrician for having a physical examination and do blood investigations like CBC (complete blood count) and CRP (C-reactive protein) to rule out the cause. Physical ex...  Read Full »

What is the treatment given for the 13-month-old child for diaper rash and pooping in less quantity?

Query: My daughter is 13.5 months old. For last four days she has diaper rashes. This is the first time she is getting rashes. From yesterday I am using Benzalkonium & Zinc skin cream (happynap). Now rashes reduced. Normally my daughter was pooped 2 or 3 times daily. But for These past four days she is...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Please note that it is less likely the child has got loos motions because you gave chicken. Instead the child may be having loose motions because of some infection. Please reduce milk intake during this time to increase recovery rate. Also you can continue giving rice kanji. I would advise to give ...  Read Full »