Dologel Ointment

Dologel ointment consists of Choline Salicylate and Lidocaine as the chief ingredient. It treats pain, redness, swelling, and burning sensation due to mouth ulcers (tongue, inner cheek, inner lip, tongue, and roof of mouth). It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug that works by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Four days ago, I noticed a lump inside my cheek that did not seem to disappear. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have small pimple or lump inside my cheek. I noticed it about four days ago that does not seem to go away. Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Achanta Krishna Swaroop

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Is it associated with pain?Thank you.  Read Full »

Does Losartan and Montelukast cause oral sore?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white spots on the floor of my mouth, and they are very painful and have a burning sensation on the touch, and I sweat as a result. Also, I have a couple of bumps in my mouth. I take Losartan and Montelukast every day as regular medicine. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I hope I can lessen your discomfort. White spots can be either recurrent aphthous ulcers, or traumatic ulcers, or herpes stomatitis. I suggest you take tablet Zincovit or tablet Zincostar (vitamins A, B complex, C, D, and E along with minerals such as Magnesium, Ma...  Read Full »

Is my dental problem curable?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 70 years old. He has some dental problem and that is filled with pus and blood. Local dentist checked it, but the treatment does not provide complete solution. It occurs again and again. Please check the picture and tell me what it is. Is it cancerous? Is it curable? Ple...  Read Full »

Dr. Johnn Kazimm

Answer: Hi, Welcome to As the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) go, first inadequate frenum mandibular reveals inadequacy of attached gingiva. Then, two swellings can be seen in the lower region and possibly with pus. Firstly, a thorough scaling followed by deep scaling...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have a white spot where I got my wisdom tooth removed?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a little white spot in the area where my back wisdom tooth used to be. It covers where the socket was when I got it removed 4 years ago. I currently take Suboxone and chew Nicorette gum. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As you have mentioned it can be a canker sore. And if it is painful and irritating then visit the dentist once to show it properly. If there is nothing like this then I would suggest you apply any anti ulcerative gel, like Dologel or Dentogel (Choline salicylate) whi...  Read Full »

Can hitting behind molar a bunch of times cause any medical issues?

Query: Hello doctor,Today after a meal I had some food particles stuck in my top molar all the way in the back. I took my toothbrush and tried to scrub it out real well to get it. While brushing, I put the toothbrush real far back into my mouth to really try and clean that last molar. In the process, I jab...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Ahmad Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have been through your query and as far as I understood I came to a conclusion that if you go far behind your teeth bearing area there is hard and soft tissue which you may injure yourself. The region behind your third molar is: Hard tissue: Ramus of the mandibl...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.