Common "Eczema Treatment" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Eczema Treatment

The treatment for eczema starts with proper moisturizing and using doctor-prescribed medicated creams. Ointments with calcineurin inhibitors such as Tacrolimus are suitable for kids over two years of age. Antibiotic tablets can also help in treating the infection. Cyclosporine, Prednisone, and Methotrexate help in treating severe eczema. Other options, like injectable biologics such as Tralokinumab, can be used in people with moderate eczema who do not respond to other treatments.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have been suffering from eczema for years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from eczema for years. It comes in and goes away frequently. It is generally triggered by stress and allergies or when I travel. I want to try natural as well as alternate methods to control eczema. Are there better drugs to treat severe eczema?Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for your query. I have gone through the details provided on your end, and I understand your concern. Firstly, I would request you to kindly provide a clear image of the affected areas so that I can understand the degree of the condition and provide ...  Read Full »

Why am I having painless red rashes on my penis for two weeks?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old healthy male. I got a painless red rash on the penis, which remained there for a couple of weeks. I do not have any other symptoms. I thought that it was eczema. But I got some relief when applying Clotrimazole cream.   Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a painless red rash on the penis. According to the picture provided here (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you may suffer from atopic de...  Read Full »

I am a 18-year-old, my eyes are getting dry recently. I have eczema and use eczema cream. Could this be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 18-year-old female, weighing 127 pounds and my height is around 5 feet three inches. Recently my eyes have been extremely dry. The other day I woke up and my eye was so swollen that it even looks wrinkly. At first, it was only my right eye but then my left eye became extremely d...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I am sorry to hear about that, I understand your concern. As you have provided a little background of past illnesses that are eczema, I would like to tell you that a person suffering from eczema can develop dryness anywhere on the skin. Other manifestations can be ras...  Read Full »

I have red bumps on my finger which turned yellow. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41-year-old male. On the middle finger of my right hand, I noticed a large red bump that started getting yellow. There are a few more small bumps on the right side of my finger. Any idea what it could be and how it can be treated? Thank you.   Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. It is Eczematous dermatitis with a secondary bacterial infection. I suggest you apply Mupirocin ointment or cream twice daily for 15 days and take the following medications. Take tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice ...  Read Full »

What is the best medicine for hand eczema?

Query: Hi doctor,For many years, I have had eczema on my hand, especially on the index and ring fingers. It has worsened over the past few weeks and spreads to the arms. I use Triamcinolone 0.1 % cream. But it did not help. Please suggest a medication.  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Hand eczema is a chronic condition and requires long-term treatment. The treatment aims to repair your skin barrier and promote healing. The first step is to identify and avoid the triggering agents like detergents, soaps, jewelry, gloves, dust, or chemicals. The second s...  Read Full »

I have severe eczema with rashes on my elbows, neck, and other body areas. Please suggest effective products or methods to alleviate my symptoms.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with eczema since childhood. I have severe rashes on the inner corners of both my elbows, as well as on my neck and other areas of my body. These rashes have persisted for a significant period of time, and I am seeking advice on products or methods to alleviate them...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Tyagi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. Based on the information you provided and the pictures you attached (attachment removed to protect patient's identity) it appears that you have eczema, which may have a genetic component due to family history. Atopic derma...  Read Full »

My eczema in my hands got worse recently. How to manage it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old female, my height is 5' 2", and I weigh 143 pounds. I have eczema, and recently, it has got awful. It used to be only on a fingertip, and now it has spread across my hands. Eczema has gotten red, flaky, and painful recently. It is the worst on my right index finger, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhin Varghese

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Yes, eczema is bad. I would suggest a few hand care tips. Avoid direct contact with detergents and dishwashing agents (use dishwashing gloves if you have one). Keep hands well moisturized. Avoid sanitizers and other allergens as much as possible. Use a mild soap for was...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.