Foods To Avoid For High Cholesterol

I have high cholesterol and a fatty liver. Please suggest a diet chart.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, who has high cholesterol and a fatty liver. In our home, we use groundnut oil for cooking, and I use up to six teaspoons of ghee every day. I consume alcohol twice a day. But now, I have decided to stop alcohol and follow a strict diet. Tell me a diet that I sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and following is the diet chart for you. Early morning 7 AM - green tea with a biscuit or half plate sprouts. Breakfast 8.30 AM - a bowl of oatmeal or two pieces of brown bread and eg...  Read Full »

Can high BP and worrisome lipid profile be due to junk food?

Query: Hi doctor, Few days back, I felt little dizzy and when checked my BP was quite high around 149/89. My recent lipid profile is also worrisome. What should I do now? I prefer eating junk food most of the time and dairy products like cheese and paneer more. I gained some weight now. I feel some slight...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My advice to you as per your complaints and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), Lifestyle modification which includes exercise of 30 minutes jogging or brisk walk every day or at least four days a week. Reduce weight. Reduce dairy products and ...  Read Full »

Is eating fried food bad for our health?

Query: Hello doctor, I often eat deep fried potatoes with chilly powder. Some say that it will turn into bad materials after they reach the belly. I do not believe it. Is that true? Why is it so?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any food that is deep fried in oil or that contains oil in considerable amounts is not good for your body. Excessive intake of oil might lead to cholesterol deposition in your blood vessels, which in turn can reduce blood supply to the heart. This poses a future risk of...  Read Full »

What is the risk of high triglycerides?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having high triglycerides around 250 to 500, but very low LDL around 30 to 45 for the last five years. Kindly help. What should I do? I swim five days a week for 20 minutes daily. I am currently on tablet vitamin B12 and Zinc supplement. I have also attached my laboratory reports.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Increase in triglycerides of this level should be treated with Fenofibrate. I would recommend to reduce potato, rice and sweets. In case you consume alcohol you should quit it. Continue with swimming and in winters do jogging. For further doubts ...  Read Full »

Please provide a diet plan for NAFLD

Query: Hi doctor, Before three months, I was diagnosed to have NAFLD (Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease). I have lost my weight from 62 to 53 within about three months by way of morning walk for about 1 hour and yoga and pranayama for another 80 minutes and by taking low fat diet and less calories. As a r...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I advise to go with very low fat, high carbohydrate enriched with high quality protein. Add more animal protein like chicken stew, egg boils two pieces, 100 g rohu or catla fish every day at lunch as well as dinner. Add good quality of dairy li...  Read Full »

Please explain the odd in my chest x-ray and liver scan report.

Query: Hi doctor, I am done with my chest x-ray. But, I am worried and I do not want to wait a week for my doctor's opinion. So, I have attached it. Please convey your opinion. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your chest x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The lung fields are clear. There is no abnormal fluid collection in the chest cavity. The heart and rib cage are also normal. In conclusion, your chest x-ray is normal as visualized. However, ...  Read Full »

What are the ways to get rid of high cholesterol?

Query: Hi sir, I am 30 years old male. I am working in an insurance company. No habit of smoking or drinking. My height is 5'10" weight is 84 kg. I am getting left-sided chest pain since two years. I also have left-sided shoulder pain which radiates in the upper back and left hand pain. I had a CT angiogra...  Read Full »

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query I understood your concern. Epigastric pain radiating to back and shoulders should be evaluated for gastric discomforts like gastritis and cholecystitis which is very common in deranged lipid profile. I believe this is due to hyperlipidemia. Your lipid p...  Read Full »

I am a 33 year old with high cholesterol. Do I need medicines to lower it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old with high cholesterol (reading attached). I had first deducted this high cholesterol in 2016. I have been doing some moderate walking (not regularly though). I have general weakness, lack of strength, stamina, and my hands tremble when I lift anything heavy, also if...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly your reports are not attached. You should try it again or else contact the administrator. In this young age, we usually do not start medicine unless cholesterol is very high, say more than 250 or LDL more than 160 or so. So, you need to change your lifestyl...  Read Full »

Do cashewnuts contain cholesterol?

Query: Hello doctor,I want to know if all types of nuts like cashew nuts, pistachio, and pine nuts have fat in them or cholesterol. I mean, are they good for health?  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Wadi

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nuts do not contain cholesterol. Cholesterol is only found in animal foods like meat, poultry, fish, milk and milk products. Nuts have unsaturated essential fats which the body cannot make on its own. Hence consumption of all types of nuts in moderation provides heal...  Read Full »

How to reduce borderline cholesterol by diet control?

Query: Hi doctor, My health issues are borderline total cholesterol and triglyceride. I have been suffering from hyperlipidemia for the past five years and I have attached all the reports for your reference. I have reduced down weight from 75 kg to 67 kg. With diet control, I have reduced my triglyceride ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com We are here to help you. This level of rise in triglycerides does not require treatment with any medicines (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to start more of a cardio workout and avoid fat in diet. Replace all kitchen cooking utensils with non-sti...  Read Full »