Growth Hormone Deficiency

Does HGH help you grow taller?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it possible to grow taller with HGH therapy? I am so extremely insecure about my height. I am 5'10" and I realize that is not that short. My past two girlfriends have broken up with me and mentioned my height as a reason. I realize it sounds ridiculous to other people, but I am worried...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Height is something that is determined by genes. Yes, there are medicines for increasing height, but it should be used only if you are found to be having growth hormone deficiency. I would want to ask you a few questions. What is your mother's and father's height? What wa...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the growth hormone test report of a child with short stature.

Query: Hi doctor, Following is the growth hormone test report of my son aged 11 years and 7 months and his height is about 129 cm and weight is 32 kg. I am very concerned about his growth. Please comment in detail about the possible treatment and their side effects, if any?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your report about your son and I am sorry to say that he has a growth hormone deficiency (attachment removed to protect patient identity). He needs to take growth hormone injections for it. These are to be taken on a proper prescription from a pediatric e...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine to correct height problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My cousin is 10 years old, but he is short for his age. His grandfather, father and sister are also short. Is there any medicine for growth or height problem that occurs due to hereditary?  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understood your concern. Your cousin of 10 years old is quite normal to have this much height. I have gone through the picture what you sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sometimes, low height will be genetic in nature. In 70 percentage ...  Read Full »

What could be the potential risk of not taking medicine for hypothyroidism?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and growth hormone deficiency as a child, but stopped taking the medication at 18. I am now 23 and have noticed a few symptoms. Extreme fatigue, depression, anxiety, weight gain and headaches. I feel that the symptoms have worsened. What could be the po...  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have a few follow up questions. Please answer them. What was the reason for the hypothyroidism and growth hormone deficiency? Were there any other hormone deficiencies as well? What other medical problems do you have? When did you last have your thyroid blood work do...  Read Full »

My 15 months old baby is only 5.5 kg. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to discuss regarding the medical issue of daughter with you. She is now 15 months old, but her weight is only 5.5 kg. According to doctors, all reports are clear except her growth hormone. She is not taking any medicine. I have attached her laboratory reports for your referen...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Rama Thute

Child Health Specialist, Lactation Counselor, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the medical records of your baby (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She looks to be a case of short stature and the reports are suggestive of growth hormone deficiency. I would like to know whether there is any family history of sho...  Read Full »