HomeAnswersEndocrinologyhypertensionMy sister-in-law's blood pressure remains very high and she has joint pain. Kindly review the attached reports.

Can high blood pressure affect joints?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 30, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 13, 2023

Patient's Query

I am attaching the blood reports of my sister-in-law. Kindly review it. Her blood pressure remains very high, as she does not take her medicines regularly. Today her blood pressure is 202/92 mm/Hg. I have asked her to immediately take Cilacar-T, which she was taking earlier. She is having joint pains. In her blood reports I found the following abnormal values-

Cholesterol Little high

Sodium- 133.3 mmol/L

Uric Acid- 7.4 mg/dL

Kindly review the reports.

Welcome to icliniq.com

I read your query and understand your concern. Ask her to take Cilacar-T twice daily. After one week, check creatinine, sodium, and potassium. Check blood pressure daily. If after one-week blood pressure does not go below 150/90 mm/Hg, add a tablet of Nebivolol 5 mg daily. Take a healthy low salt diet. Cholesterol and uric acid can be addressed after the blood pressure is at least slightly better. This high blood pressure is very dangerous and it is better to focus on one thing now and get it under control first. I hope I have cleared all your doubts.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Thiyagarajan. T
Dr. Thiyagarajan. T

Diabetology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Endocrinology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy