Increased Bowel Movement

My 7-month-old-child poops more than 20 times a day. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 7 months old. She keeps pooping. She at least poops 20 diapers a day. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. A baby of 7 months¬†old passing stools of around 20 times a day is not normal. There are some diseases which can cause this type of symptom. The possibility of celiac disease should be ruled out. In celiac disease, there is an allergy to glu...  Read Full »

Can infestation of larvae cause chronic loose bowel movements?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter remains sick for nine months. She has chronic loose bowel movements eight times a day. She has an acne-type rash intermittently across her forehead. She grinds her teeth at night and eats sugar and salt frequently. She never feels full. She has fatigue, headaches, and shooting ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think that it is a simple worm infestation because taking a single dose of Mebendazole can kill round and hookworms. But tapeworms are slightly resistant to this anti-parasitic agent. To take Mebendazole or Albendazole again, it is necessary to have evidenc...  Read Full »

Should I be worried about the change in the pattern of bowel movements?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 37-year-old male. My height is 175 cm, and my weight is 72 kg. From my childhood, the pattern of the bowel movements I remember used to be after half an hour or one hour of getting up, around 8.30 AM to 9 AM. But now, for the past two months or so, as soon as I wake up, whatever tim...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are not the symptoms of any cancer. A lot of people have such bowel habits. I would recommend you following, 1. Drink plenty of fluids. 2. Eat lots of fruits, especially papaya. 3. Take Softovac powder with two teaspoons full of water at night. 4. Exercise reg...  Read Full »

What makes a person fart and go to the toilet many times a day?

Query: Hi doctor,I have some symptoms like going to the toilet several times a day and farting many times a day. It has influenced my life. I have this issue for many years. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to have farts and burping. These are normal processes of the body by emitting gas produced in the small bowel. Excessive gas is produced due to two main reasons. The reasons are carbohydrate maldigestion and dysbiosis. Approximately, carbohydrate is the...  Read Full »

Why do I have bad bowel movements with green stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old female suffering from green stools for a month now. I go to the bathroom several times a day. This green color is not just present on the stool but it quickly spreads through the toilet water. It presents as a liquid on the stool. It seems to be fluffy diarrhea. I cons...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need a detailed clinical examination to rule out the cause. Green stools occur when the intestinal colonic transit times are rapid and when there is no time for degradation of bile and so there is a change in the color of the stool. Taking iron supplements also caus...  Read Full »

My mother has uncontrollable bowel movement from morning. How to help her?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 81 years old suffering from a fever of 38 degrees and cold. She is having LBM since this morning. From morning, her bowel movement is uncontrollable. What to do? What can be given to her?   Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Mild fever is common during cold and there is no need to worry. Please mention the meaning of LBM. Please mention whether she has a sore throat or breathlessness.   Read Full »

What could be the reason for bowel changes, frequent urination, and pins and needles pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Chronic history of health anxiety due to my dad’s death (aged 40). I have this anxiety for nearly 10 years since my son was born. I think of seeing a psychotherapist and I have catastrophic thinking and cancer-phobia. I have bowel symptoms for one year with urgency after meals ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and explain that your symptoms suggest anxiety and irritable bowel syndrome. I do not think you need to perform a brain MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) or CT (computed tomography) scan. I would recommend checking thyroid hormone levels...  Read Full »

Why do I have changes in bowel movements after going for a vacation?

Query: Hi doctor,I went for a vacation before five months. I came back and got sick. My bowel movements got changed from thick to smaller and thinner with less volume of total stool. A stool test was done and it was normal. I did a fit test before two years and it was normal. The ultrasound of abdomen was ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please say whether you have abdominal pain, do you strain to pass stools, have a problem of anal fissure, or feeling pain after passing stools during constipation. It can be a simple anal fissure. Please say whether your physician did a digital rectal examination or ins...  Read Full »

What causes symptoms like bowel problems, palpitations, dizziness, blackout vision, etc.?

Query: Hello doctor, While getting up from sleep in the morning vertigo, and fatigue occurs. After my first bowel movement I pass gas and feels the urge for second bowel movement again. While passing of gas, sometimes I get palpitations, pins and needles over belly area, flickering on buttocks occurs. Ve...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms. Since when you started to have symptoms? What exactly you feel in vertigo, visualizing spinning of surroundings object around you, or feels spinning of your head inside, blurred vision, blackening in front of e...  Read Full »

Is it normal for a child to have bowel movement every time they pass urine?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter of 10 years passes stool every time she urinates. This is happening the last two days. She is somewhat plumpy, otherwise healthy. Currently, she has a cold and cough but, not taking medication. Last week, she took Metacef for a chest congestion.  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bowel and bladder dysfunction are quite common during illness. There is nothing much to fear. Did she have any antibiotic in the recent past? Does she complain of any abdominal pain? Could you specify whether the stool consistency was watery or solid? I sugges...  Read Full »