Lentigines

Can my mole be due to melanoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old male with no major past medical history to speak of. I have had this mole on my right shoulder for sometime, it could be years but I am unsure, and I just want to have a dermatologist look at it to make sure it is not suspicious. I have no family history of melano...  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. I have seen the attached photographs also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I understand your concern. From the images, there are following possibilities for the mole you talked about: 1. Lentigines. 2. Spitz nevus. 3. Melan...  Read Full »

Are moles on the sole of foot cancerous?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small freckle about 3-4 mm on the side of my foot. It is not different from my skin in appearance. It just seems to be a brown blemish. I think, I have it for a number of years and now I am a bit anxious about what it could be. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The brown spot on your foot could be a mole or lentigine (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as it has been there for long. They are just harmless. You need not worry unless you have a change in its size and color or a family history of skin cancer. You m...  Read Full »

What would be the reason for development of large number of moles?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 25 years old. She has been developing lot of moles on her body especially on hands and face. Initially they are very light almost like a small brown spot, but gradually they are becoming darker. They are incrementing periodically. What would be the reason for it? Is there an...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you explained the disease that your wife has multiple small moles over face and hands, it certainly indicates solar lentigines. It is a multiple freckles type mole due to sun exposure. Now, let me explain the treatment and precautions. Avoid exposure to sunlight as ...  Read Full »

What are the black dots on the tongue of a 6 year old kid?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 6 years old. About 10 to 11 months back we saw a very very small dark black colored dot on her side of the tongue. But now there are 4 to 5 similar sized dot around her tongue on both sides. The size has not grown. But it is just that new location has emerged. Lately she ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for providing good quality images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are hyperpigmented macules. Most of the time these are asymptomatic. The cause can be hereditary or acquired (nutritional or poor hygiene or local trauma-thermal or mechanic...  Read Full »

I need a second opinion for my skin pigmentation.

Query: Hi doctor,I am seeking a second opinion on an issue. Recently, a doctor at a skin cancer clinic observed my hands and arms and noticed sunspots on my hands. I have something similar on my right inner forearm. In the past, I have noticed a spot growing adjacent to this. Another, dermatologist felt th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blotchy pigmentation is a common problem noticed in patients above 50 years of age. A sensitive skin predisposes more to such pigmentary changes. Your clinical images are suggestive of macular seborrheic keratosis or solar lentigo, both of which are benign. Although, comm...  Read Full »