Lipomas

Do all hard swollen lymph nodes are cancerous nodes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a swollen lymph node for over a week. It looks like it maybe two together. I have been doing research, and I am very concerned.It is hard, and the location seems to be concerning. Could this be a sign of metastatic cancer or other cancerous node? I am very concerned.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern, and I do not think there is anything to worry about. These can be lipomas or benign subcutaneous lesions. It concerns only if they are hard and fixed with a progressive increase in size and associated with significant weight loss and d...  Read Full »

What causes a lump on the occipital area?

Query: Hi doctor,About one week ago, I felt a tender lump in the occipital area of my head. It is pea sized and movable. It hurt only when I touch. It has not got any worse. In fact, it is better and less tender unless I touch it. When I had an appointment with my doctor, I was asked to give a blood sample...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lump in your occipital region may be a small lipoma. I would suggest waiting unless it is examined by your doctor. Regarding the abnormalities on your blood work, I would appreciate if you could share the absolute numbers. The percentage could be falsely elevated s...  Read Full »

What causes a lump in the neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I got a lump in the right side of my neck before two weeks. I am taking capsule Cipmox 500, but it has not yet cured. Though it is not painful, I am worried. It never happened earlier. Please help.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Such neck lump needs clinical examination to get an idea what it is. If it is mobile, painless and static in size, then it could be a fat deposit known as lipoma. In case it is painful, then it can be an abscess or lymph node. The best way out is ...  Read Full »

How to confirm the nature of a mild tender lump under the skin of the deltoid muscle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a mild, tender bump or a lump or a kind of knot deep under the skin on the deltoid muscle. It is very hard to tell if it is moving under the skin. It has been there for three years. I have not noticed any significant growth in the last three years. I am quite scared after rea...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the anxiety you would be suffering from after suspecting that it is a sarcoma. Here is what I can suggest to you: Sarcoma is an uncommon cause of such lumps, and much more common are some harmless cysts and lipomas. Malignant tumors like sarcoma gener...  Read Full »

What advise would a chiropractor give for lipoma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male, healthy and active all my life. I have multiple lipomas that do not bother me except for their appearance and having to explain to people what these bumps on my body are whenever I take my shirt off. Doctors say all I can do is have them surgically removed, but th...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lipomas are cosmetic issue and can be unsightly especially if numerous or located at certain places. You have to decide whether surgery is needed for lipoma or not as scars will replace bumps. No chiropractic technique will help. The only issue that...  Read Full »

Why is there a hard pea sized lymph node above collar bone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am female, 36 years old, 5 feet, generally healthy. I have recently found a small hard pea sized painless lump on my left collar bone, it moves around and I have had for periods of few days at a time over last few months, very sore, tender to touch breasts. I have not seen anyone about...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tender breasts are very common during pre-menstrual phases due to hormonal causes, so do not worry for this. The hard lump over collar bone, which is non-tender and pea sized needs to be ruled out that whether it is lipoma or an increase in supraclavicular lymphnode, whic...  Read Full »

What is the lump at the base of my chin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have lump at the base of chin in the middle, where it meets the curve of neck. The size is a little smaller than a dime. Only you can feel that but not see. I was having discomfort for a month on the left side like I have to move my neck but has stopped now. Then noticed the round l...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to examine either this is lipoma or enlarged lymph nodes. If possible, send images.  Read Full »

What is the tiny painful lump above my hip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old, male, 5'9", 105 kg. When I woke up, I felt a tiny lumped mass on the back just above left hip. Only hurts when pressed hard. I am anxious. Could it be constipation?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are lots of differential diagnosis for the lump. Lipoma: It is an overgrowth of fat in an area. It is soft to touch. It is a benign condition. It is a slow-growingtumor and usually recurs if removed. No treatment is needed if small. Sebaceaous cyst: It is cystic...  Read Full »

How to identify whether the soft pulpy growth in the shoulder is cancerous or not?

Query: Hi doctor,My mother has a tumor-like thing in her shoulder. It is like a soft pulpy thing. Right now it is small and not causing much pain. When she works too much, she feels a weight on her shoulder and a mild pain like she has lifted a weight. Is that something cancerous?  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for using this platform. It sounds like your mother has a soft pulpy growth on her shoulder, which is painless at rest but causes heaviness on exertion. Although this information gives us some idea, it is challenging for me to guess what precisely this growth...  Read Full »

Is there any homeopathic cure for lipoma?

Query: Dear doctor, Is there a homeopathic cure available for lipomas? What are the treatment options available in homeopathy for lipomas?  Read Full »

Dr. Noela David Andrew David

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lipomas are essentially non-malignant and non-dangerouscollection of soft fatty tissues. Homeopathy has no medicines to cure lipoma. However, homeopathic scope in lipoma aims at reducing the size, pain if any, and can control new growths. Also,homeopathic medicines ca...  Read Full »