Chilblains

Related Terms: Frostbite, Pneumonia, Cold Temperature, Cryoglobulinemia, Flu, Frost Nip, Grippe

Is chilblains caused due to a deficiency?
Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from chilblains from the last 10 years. My current age is 21 years. So suggest a medicine for the deficiency which causes it in winters. The fingers of foot and hands are swollen in winters and cause itchy experience. So please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. Chillblains is due to vasoconstriction of vessels due to cold weather. It is not due to any deficiency. So, keep yourself warm during the winters. I suggest you apply a topical Nitroglycerin gel if you develop chilblains. Regards. For m...  Read Full »

Please give me medicine suggestion for chilblains.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I get chilblains when I come in contact with cold places, just as an example in AC, cold weather. Please give me medicine suggestion.  Read Full »
Dr. Idowu Olalekan
Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following can help alleviate and prevent chilblains: Tablets Vitamin B complex two tablets twice daily. Keep affected skin areas warm and avoid extremes of temperatures. You may use some creams that help reduce itching if your skin is itchy. For more info...  Read Full »

Fingers turn Blue
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old woman. Two years ago, it happened for the first time that one of my fingers turned blue. A few seconds after that, it lost its color like it did not have oxygen and started to hurt. It comes in the winter, but nowadays, I have it on the other fingers on my hand and le...  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is because of exposure to extremely low temperatures. Keep warm. Keep your hands covered when you are out at that temperature. Consume a warm diet. Rule out frostbite or chilblains. If you have any pain or discomfort or difficulty in movemen...  Read Full »

How to avoid cold and flu after winter workout?
Query: Hello doctor, I like to go running. I was a very successful marathon runner when younger. Now I still workout, but my goal, apart from general health is mostly emotional fitness for the job. I work on the phone with customers and I have to be in a strong positive mood to be successful. I am currentl...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is easy to catch cold, particularly if you are in a cold, wet and windy weather. Also, exposure to extremely cold temperature affects you in many ways and can cause frost nip (first stage of frostbite), trench foot (prolonged exposure of feet to cold) and fro...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chilblains? We have medical experts to help you right away.