Chipped Tooth

Related Terms: Crowns, Root Canal Treatment, Composite Dental Filling, Tooth Decay, Tooth Sensitivity, Abscessed Tooth, Bony Spicule

What is the treatment available for chipped tooth?
Query: Hello doctor, I chipped my front tooth two days ago. I saved the broken tooth piece in a cup of milk in the refrigerator. The piece is fairly small (bottom corner chipped off). What are my options to get my tooth fixed? It does not hurt but it is a little sharp to the touch.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is good that you saved the part of the tooth. But actually little chipped off part of the tooth cannot be reattached to the tooth by any means. But if whole tooth and its root somehow got knocked out of socket while you fell down or so and that tooth is kept immediat...  Read Full »

My chipped tooth is sharp, sensitive and hurts. Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I have recently chipped the top of one of my teeth off, it is quite sharp and hurts when I eat certain things (sugary things it seems). The part that came off was very thin but I am worried my tooth could become more sensitive and more could break off so I would really like to fix thi...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sensitivity is because of the exposure of the second layer of the tooth (dentin). It can be easily cured by using anti-sensitive toothpastes. Replace this toothpaste for night brushing and you will find best results in two weeks. You have also mentioned that the edg...  Read Full »

I have chipped tooth without any symptoms. Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I believe I chipped my molar, but am just making sure that it is just a small chip. The molar was already calcified and has been sealed as a result of that. There is no sensitivity, pain, or any symptoms. Wondering if I would get it sealed again or just something to be cautious about....  Read Full »
Dr. Mohammed Nassar
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The broken part seems to be a small part in the enamel layer, you do not have any pain or symptoms, so I believe this tooth is fine and it can be restored with composite filling to prevent any cavi...  Read Full »

What would be an efficient way to cover chipped tooth?
Query: Hi doctor, I am brushing twice daily and maintaining good oral hygiene. My teeth are deteriorating and chipping. What would be an effective and cheap way to cover chipped front teeth?  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lower cost option for repairing front teeth would be composite fillings (tooth colored filling material). It can be done chair-side and in most cases, you can walk out with the tooth repaired in one appointment.But, the composite fillings cannot be one universal solut...  Read Full »

What is causing my tooth pain - cavity, broken tooth or wisdom tooth eruption?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having tooth pain, and I am not sure what the cause is. I do have a cavity on the top row beside my front tooth, but would that affect my bottom teeth too? The pain feels like a dull pressure, so maybe it is the wisdom teeth? I am 18, so I suppose it is possible, but I do not hav...  Read Full »
Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your teeth look fine in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but I suggest you get an appointment with a dentist and get to know what is causing you the pain. Is it the wisdom tooth or the broken tooth or any other tooth having a cavity or is it...  Read Full »

My front teeth chipped out following a hit. Please suggest me the right treatment.
Query: Hi doctor,I got a hit, and four of my teeth chipped, out of which two hurts. It has only been less than 24 hours so far. I went to the dentist, and she says that I need a root canal right away. However, taking a second opinion, the other dentist says a root canal is not necessary and it will heal on...  Read Full »
Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the radiograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I assume that pulp is not exposed. The fracture of the tooth is only till dentin layer. The pulp chamber and root canal is the black or dark area seen in the middle of the tooth on the radiograph. ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in a fractured tooth on biting?
Query: Hello doctor, About two weeks ago I chipped my front tooth. I went into my dentist this past week to get it smoothed out (very minor) but he also noticed a horizontal fracture across the middle of my front tooth. He does not want to jump into anything too quickly so said just to watch it and if it ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. As per your history, you had a recent tooth damage with microfracture, that means you have been put on the wait and watch. If your tooth is vital after a month or two and fracture has not widened, you do...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get a crown after root canal treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, A portion of right lower number 7 tooth chipped off (the light cured section was done two years back) along with partial silver filling done in that tooth during taking food. The dentist took an X-ray and suggested RCT with a crown. I have started the RCT but she has said that the RCT...  Read Full »
Dr. Sangeetha Bastan
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your first concern is regarding the number of days of your RCT. RCT can be done in a single session or 2 or 3 sittings depending upon the severity of your case. If there is severe pain or infection, the dentist may have to delay for treatment for 3 or 4 sittings. You shou...  Read Full »

Can you tell me what is that white ulcer under my tongue?
Query: Hi doctor,I had a minor accident when I was around 11 and that led part of the crown of the front tooth chipped off. The abscess started forming under the tooth in my 20s. But, it was occasional and did not hurt. I would just put some pressure on my gums and it will come out. I had undergone root ca...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It looks like an ulcer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It will take 10 to14 days to heal.My advice is to avoid spicy food, alcohol, aerated beverages and smoking.Have a bland diet, increase protein in your diet and have Vitamin B12 complex tablet once dai...  Read Full »

My front tooth got chipped away. What to do immediately?
Query: Hi doctor, My front tooth got chipped away before two days. I am so nervous about it. How to recover my tooth?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It depends upon the vitality of the tooth. If your tooth is vital and if there is no associated pain, then it can be restored with a simple composite filling. In case, if there is a loss of vitality, you can treat it by a root canal treatm...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chipped Tooth? We have medical experts to help you right away.