Chlamydia

Related Terms: Gonorrhea, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Hiv, Std, Chlamydia Infection Test, Unprotected Sex, Doxycycline

Can chlamydia infection cause permanent problems in male fertility?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. Earlier this year, I had chlamydia for about four months. I have been clear of the injection since about seven months. Now, my partner and I are trying to conceive. I had a semen analysis and the results were not great. The worst part is the morphology. Only 2...  Read Full »
Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chlamydia is one of the major reasons for this situation along with other factors like smoking, and alcohol. Complete the course of antibiotics given by your doctor to improve your semen. Also quit smoking, and alcohol consumption if you are taki...  Read Full »

How to cure chlamydia infection?
Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I was diagnosed to have chlamydia. I am freaking out because I want to get it cured as soon as possible to prevent damage to my ability to have children later in life. Unfortunately, I am not able to get treatment from the nearby hospital for a couple of weeks. I was wondering ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Chlamydia trachomatis is a STD (sexually transmitted disease). You have got the infection from your partner so you both should be treated. Ideally, a vaginal swab test should be done to confirm the diagnosis. You have not mentioned whet...  Read Full »

Does Levofloxacin cure both chlamydia and gonorrhea?
Query: Hi doctor, I did IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2 after four months of possible exposure, which was negative. Is it conclusive? Is there any need to do IgM test? If IgG is negative, can I consider that I am not infected?  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The time required for IgG (immunoglobulin G) antibodies to develop after the exposure to HSV (herpes simplex virus) is usually 21 to 42 days. A negative HSV IgG means that you have probably not been exposed to HSV. HSV IgM (immunoglobulin M) will tell whether you have ...  Read Full »

I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Please suggest a treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Six months ago, I started showing signs of prostatitis. I had a hard time urinating fully, I had pain and burning, fever, clear discharge. I was put on eight weeks Cipro. My body did not respond well to the Cipro. I stopped and had a chance to s...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know a few more details to answer your query better: Did you have any fever with your symptoms? Where is your pain mostly, near your anal region or along the urethra? What side effects did you have on taking Ciprofloxacin? If your symptoms are similar ...  Read Full »

What antibiotics are recommended for chlamydia in an HIV positive?
Query: Hi doctor,I tested positive for chlamydia IgA IgG. Negative IgM. I am HIV positive but undetectable viral load and CD4 724. Recommended antibiotic? Thanks.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A high title of IgA and IgG antibodies to chlamydia generally indicates active infection but it is an auxiliary test and should also be supplemented by a more specific nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) on a urine sample. A NAAT test specifically detects chlamydi...  Read Full »

Please suggest the treatment for chlamydia trachomatis infection.
Query: Hi doctor, I got tested for Chlamydia trachomatis and got my report. It gives out the value as 2.2411 and the safety zone is 0.08. I would like you to suggest me the treatment. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please upload your test results for my reference. Thank you. Revert back with the reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist  Read Full »

How can I be positive for chlamydia when my only partner is negative?
Query: Hello doctor,I recently gave birth three months ago. I noticed something was off and I went to my obstetrician three times and they just said I had BV and treated my partner also with Flagyl. Then I went to my primary because I still did not feel well and they called me saying I have chlamydia but m...  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, let me congratulate you for your baby. May God bless you and your baby. Next, you say that your recent test for chlamydia resulted positive while your partner was negative this time. Now, taking into account you were both infected with chlamydia one year ago, an...  Read Full »

Can chlamydia infection cause recurrent UTI?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been with the same partner for 8 years now. During these all 8 years I have had several UTIs with some leading to severe kidney infections. Last week after almost two years of not having a UTI I felt the horrible symptoms again. When going to the doctors UTI urine test came back p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In UTI, initially, a broad-spectrum empirical antibiotic given and then according to urine culture report, a specific antibiotic prescribed. A certain antibiotic like Azithromycin if prescribed for UTI will be effective against chlamydia as well. For chlamydia, Azithrom...  Read Full »

What are my options for recurrent Chlamydia infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I have chlamydia and I have been treated on four occasions. I have not had sex recently. I took all medicines as specified. The list of medicines and attempts as follows. First Azithromax 1g one dose, second Azithromax 2.5 g three doses, third Doxycycline 500 mg two times a day for 10 ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are other options that can be used. I have a few questions for you if you would not mind answering them. Did you ever get culture and sensitivity testing of the recurrent chlamydia infection? Have you been treated for a gonorrhea at the same time? Are you pregn...  Read Full »

I have been tested positive for chlamydia. What are the chances of PID?
Query: Hi doctor, I have recently been tested positive for Chlamydia, which I believe to have contracted around 3.5 years ago. In the past one year, I have been to the doctor for the following symptoms. Increased menstrual pain, dull pain during ovulation, yellow discharge, sickness during menses and one-s...  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it is essential that you start the antibiotics as soon as possible. If you can postpone your holiday and go after the course, then it would be ideal for you. However, if you cannot, then please start as soon as you come back. Having Chlamydia implies there is alrea...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Chlamydia? We have medical experts to help you right away.