Euthyroid

Related Terms: Tsh Level, Thyroid Problem, Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Function Test, Anxiety, Thyroid, Stress, Thyroid Dysfunction

Thyroid is in a state of euthyroid. How is my prognosis?
Query: Hello doctor, The level of anti-TPO antibodies is 492. The doctors say it is a state of euthyroid. I am worried about my prognosis. I am a medical student, can I still become a surgeon?  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Going by the details you have provided you have euthyroid. This means that you do have normal TSH with normal T4 and T3. The most common cause is autoimmune thyroid disease, which is confirmed by positive anti-TPO (anti-Thyroid Peroxidase) antibodies. Positive anti-TPO...  Read Full »

Are low levels of thyroid hormones associated with taking antipsychotics?
Query: Hello doctor, A 44 year old male relative of mine takes the following antipsychotics: Sertraline, Lamotrigine, and Quetiapine. He has been feeling anxious for a few weeks. His recent blood tests show low levels of total T4 and T3 (TSH and free T4 within normal range). Is this condition associated w...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. None of the medications used by your relative is directly related to low levels of total T3 and T4. His current thyroid status is known as a euthyroid sick syndrome. Thyroid supplement should be prescribed only after repeated assessments of thyroid levels. This is bec...  Read Full »

My wife has urticaria. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been getting a rash which the doctor has termed as urticaria. What could have caused this? I feel she could be having a yeast intolerance. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife has been treated for urticaria. I would keep a possibility of idiopathic urticaria/hives. It presents as sudden skin welts/swellings, which can be distributed all over the body. Itching is usually severe; however it is subjective in individuals. The c...  Read Full »

Should I avoid folic acid during MTHFR pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have MTHFR and PAI mutations. My doctor recommended me to take Folic acid. I read it should be avoided during MTHFR pregnancies. Along with that I am on Prozac and Euthyrox. What do you think? What should I do? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Truly speaking, MTHFR - methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase mutations are widely spread and all most one half of the population is having or carrying these mutations by different extent. By different extent, I mean to say, various levels of affection or involvement t...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and having glaucoma. Will the labor pressure damage my eyes?
Query: Hi doctor, I had keratoconus and started developing glaucoma. My eyes are really weak, and my right eye is at its thinnest point. I will upload reports from my doctor. I am pregnant and scared labor pressure. Will it cause any harm to my eyes? What is your opinion? I am on Euthyrox 25 for underactiv...  Read Full »
Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition is really bad in your right eye (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use scleral lenses till hydrops is resolved and pregnancy ends. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

Thyroid level is normal but, thyroglobulin antibody level is high. What does that indicate?
Query: Hello doctor, I had depression symptoms. When I checked thyroid, it was normal. but when I checked my thyroid antibody the result shows thyroglobulin antibody (ATG), serum: 32.77 IU/mL.  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have antithyroglobulin antibodies. The presence of antibodies only suggests that you may develop thyroid dysfunction in the future but as of now your thyroid gland is functioning well. I w...  Read Full »

Can we win over thyroid problem by taking homeopathy medicines?
Query: Hello Doctor, My mother has thyroid problem. She is taking homeopathy medicines. Thyroid problem not corrected. She is 40 years old, weight 42 Kg, height 5 feet. What should she do? She feels weak. Can we win over this thyroid problem?  Read Full »
Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully appreciate your concerns. You have not mentioned whether thyroid is underworking or overworking. Thyroid gland produces thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone deficiency occurs if thyroid gland is underactive (Hypothyroidism). Under these circumstances, the patient need...  Read Full »

My thyroid medicine makes me sick. Should it be changed?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been diagnosed hypothyroid. I am currently taking WP Thyroid. I have taken Armour and Nature-thyroid. They all make me sick to my stomach. I tried adding generic T3 and it made my symptoms worse, that is, hair loss, cold hands and feet, weight gain, fatigue, GERD, and constipatio...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hypothyroidism. However, you have missed mentioning the thyroid function test results in detail, so as to enable me to suggest an appropriate drug for you. Hope you revert with your thyro...  Read Full »

Can thyroid problem be the reason for stress and anxiety?
Query: Hi doctor, I have TSH 6.01. My T3 and T4 are normal. I feel stressed with anxiety. I cannot sleep at night. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is raised, it does not require treatment with Thyroxine but needs monitoring. Follow steps of sleep hygiene such as sleeping and waking up at regular time, avoiding caffeinated drinks at least 8 hours before sleep, avoid u...  Read Full »

Does thyroid problem delay pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried female. Before six months, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I have been taking Thyronorm 100 mcg. Recently, I had TSH test and the level was 0.47 U/mL, which is considered as hyperthyroid. When my doctor asked me the previous dosage, by mistake I told her...  Read Full »
Dr. Swaraj S W
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you follow the same dose as you are not a hyperthyroid yet. Also, if you are planning for your marriage and pregnancy, then this TSH value is normal.  If the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) value is less than 0.3 U/mL, then the dosage of tablet has to be red...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Euthyroid? We have medical experts to help you right away.