Fasting Blood Sugar Level

Related Terms: Diabetes, Hba1c, Metformin, Blood Sugar Levels, Post Prandial Blood Sugar Level, Diabetes Management, Diabetes Medicine

Is fasting blood sugar level of 8.3 indicative of diabetes?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a blood sugar level of 8.3 mmol/l during fasting. Is this diabetic or still at the pre-diabetic stage? Can I reduce the sugar level without medication?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This falls in diabetic range. You should also get post-lunch sugar done. You will eventually need medicine. However, you can try a healthy lifestyle for some time period. You should have a healthy lifestyle like avoiding fatty, oily, sweet, and high-calorie diet. Reg...  Read Full »

Why is my fasting blood sugar level higher than postprandial?
Query: Hi doctor, My fasting blood sugar is 130 to 135 over last four years. My postprandial sugar is between 90 to 110. Yes, my postprandial is less than my fasting sugar level. Usually, the reading will be taken after 1 hour 45 minutes or 2 hours after eating breakfast. I am unable to bring down the fast...  Read Full »
Dr. Krutika Ingle Karandikar
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to tell you that different mechanism of our body act to control our fasting and postprandial sugars. Firstly, you are doing well with your blood sugars. The fasting sugar is slightly higher, but no issues. Secondly, you should take your medicine Glycomet (...  Read Full »

What are the ways to reduce fasting blood sugar levels?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 49 years old, moderately active, all biochemical parameters mid-range normal. Fasting sugar levels steady at 147 to 149, PP 159 to 250, drops to 80 to 105 at about 6 PM, after lunch at 1.30 to 2 PM. I am having (Glycomet Trio1 and Glycomet GP1) twice a day. Am unable to understan...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Great fluctuations in blood sugar level are common in diabetics. Your treatment is suitable but it may require some small modifications. My advice in order to have better control is that you have to eat a small meal between the main meals. St...  Read Full »

How can high blood sugar be treated in someone who has chronic diabetes?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother has an 18-year history of type 2 diabetes mainly due to stress. HbA1c is 11 and fasting blood sugar level is 247 with G.M.SR 2. Her ESR is 40. She is suffering from frequent body aches these days especially in shoulders. In the past, she has taken Glimestar. P...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A fasting blood sugar level of 247 is quite high and HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) of 11 indicates uncontrolled blood sugar. The medication that your mother is taking is not sufficient to control her blood sugar. She definitely needs a revision of her prescription.&...  Read Full »

My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar.Why is this happening?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother's fasting sugar is higher than the post prandial sugar (130 and 115 respectively). She had normal diet only. And also, 2 hours after taking 75 grams of glucose, without any work, the sugar level is 260. Why is this happening?  Read Full »
Dr. Kaveri Dandapani
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding blood sugar levels, if a patient is diabetic and if she is on oral medication for diabetes, the sugar levels can be as have you stated (fasting blood sugar level more than the post prandial blood sugar). This happens because most of the anti-diabetic medicatio...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my sugar values?
Query: Hi doctor,My fasting blood sugar is 130 and postprandial is 121. After breakfast, I took a sugar tablet. What is your opinion about my values?  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your postprandial blood sugar value is within normal limits that is 1.5 to 2 hours after food. Your morning dose of medicine for diabetes seems to be working perfectly for your body condition. But, your fasting blood sugar level of 130 is slightly high. You might need...  Read Full »

How to Cure Candidial Balanitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old male. I have itching on the head of the penis and the foreskin. It started about 3-4 days back. But now it seems that I have symptoms of balanitis. I found white substance under the foreskin. There is also some minor tear which make it difficult for me to move my foresk...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a difference between Candid cream and Candid B cream. This seems like you are having candidial balanitis. Please apply Onabet cream (Sertaconazole) twice daily for a week. Wear loose cotton underpants. Do not wash your foreskin everytime you us...  Read Full »

My fasting sugar is more than postprandial. Is this serious?
Query: Hi doctor, My fasting sugar has been more than postprandial sugar levels consistently in the last few reports. The last four months values are 130 and 120, 125 and 113, 121 and 127, 118 and 99 respectively. With these data, I have not been given any medicines for diabetes. At present I am taking m...  Read Full »
Dr. Ankush Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The decrease in postprandial blood sugar can be explained by stimulation of insulin release after food which will decrease the blood sugar. Increase in blood sugar in empty stomach is due to glucagon secretion which will increase the blood sugar level. You have not mentio...  Read Full »

All my HIV tests are negative. But, I feel like I am infected. Do I need more tests?
Query: Hello doctor, I had an unprotected encounter with a CSW four months ago. Since then I had diarrhea, malaise, and lost 4 kg in about two months. Then, I had CBC with 13 % lymphocytes. And three days later, I developed thrush with large white patches on the back of my tongue, and my stomach was bloa...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) test result at 18 weeks post-exposure suggests negative and as per the information, your partner is also negative. If you had no further exposure, you do not require any more tests for HIV. There are only rare instances of a late...  Read Full »

When I stand up quickly, my heart rate jumps. How to fix it?
Query: Hi doctor,  I am a 26 year old healthy male. My height is 178 cm and weight is 73 kg. I do exercise regularly and I am healthy too. I have recently visited a cardiologist and done a cycloergometric test (Bruce stage 4 protocol). During the test my blood pressure remained normal but my heart rate ...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have worked through your query and understand your health issues. I assure you not to worry as you have consulted the appropriate expert physician who will take care all of your medical concerns. Your body mass index looks normal for this age. Thanks for attaching ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Fasting Blood Sugar Level? We have medical experts to help you right away.