Fear Of Going Out

Related Terms: Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Psychological Counselling, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Exercises, Obesity

Having fear of going out to public places.Can you suggest any treatments?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old and my height and weight are 5'8" and 88 kg respectively. I have symptoms of agoraphobia from my childhood. I cannot go to public places like mall, theater or grocery store. I cannot even travel alone and every time I depend on someone. I feel sad every time with ...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is definitely agoraphobia. Along with that you have developed some depressive symptoms also.  Read Full »

What can I do to manage anxiety attacks?
Query: Hi doctor, I get a type of anxiety and fear of going out somewhere. Six years ago, when I was in high school some guy gave me something to smoke. I did not know what it was. That day, I went home and I was high. The next morning I woke up fine and went to school. After some time, I started to feel l...  Read Full »
Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your details. No panic attack itself is a positive development. This also shows that you are able to manage your anxiety disorder. There are many aspects to your issue. The first substance abuse and resultant anxiety, relationship problems with yo...  Read Full »

Agoraphobia - Fear of Leaving Home
Article Overview: Agoraphobia is mistaken by many to be a fear of open spaces, but there is more to this condition. Read on to understand why it is more complex than we think.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
Psychologist Counsellor

Agoraphobia is a progressive condition where a person initially fears a place where he or she previously had a panic attack. They then start to avoid other places which might be crowded, or where help might be unavailable when they have another attack. This includes potentially harmless places like ...  Read Article »

Am I suffering from any neurological disorder?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am suffering with the below symptoms which feels like a disorder. I have this disorder running in my family. A few of my paternal uncles also have them, but in a mild form. I had these symptoms since childhood, but it was very mild at that time. I had ignored th...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. All the symptoms you have mentioned are consistent with agoraphobia with anxiety. This is very likely to be a structural problem in your brain. All you need is proper practice and you can be normal within ...  Read Full »

I am having few symptoms since I had whiskey for the first time. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, My mind is foggy and I am not able to think clearly. I am very forgetful and I sleep more during daytime. I cannot grasp things quickly and it takes a lot of time. My problem started 4 years ago when I drunk whiskey for the first time in my life. Since then my mind was foggy and slowed do...  Read Full »
Dr. Diwakar Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe the use of the substance in your case has further worsened your anxiety. The symptoms you have described are suggestive of a heightened emotional state and commonly seen in association with anxiety. In order to get rid of this, you may have to see a therapist. ...  Read Full »

Why do I get anxious on seeing attractive girl?
Query: Hello doctor, I have extreme anxiety when I see an attractive girl. I feel like escaping from that place at that moment. I intentionally avoid going out and limit myself to home only to avoid attractive girls, I even stopped watching TV to avoid this. I believe this symptom may have started with a ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. People develop a fear of various things due to some bad past experiences. Some get over them with time while for some people it gets worse. If your past still haunts you and is the reason for developing these fears then you need to undergo some therapy sessions. You ...  Read Full »

Best Treatment for Panic Disorder
Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed a case of panic disorder treated with CBT. Cognitive behavior therapy is based on altering your negative thoughts, emotions, and behaviors to positive ones.  Read Article »
Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

What Is Panic Disorder? Panic disorder is a condition characterized by extreme anxiety attacks which mimic heart attack symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, palpitation, heavy breathing, sweating, choking, etc. But, this is not due to any medical problem. It is completely a psychological issue and can ...  Read Article »

I am getting severe panic attacks without any reason. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. Recently, I had a breakup. Currently, I do not have a job and so, mentally I am feeling insecure. I am getting severe panic attacks for no reason. Even, I do not want to go out of my room. I feel sleepy all the time. Whenever I go out, I feel that I am going to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Recurrent severe panic attacks should be evaluated. Thyroid function tests should be done to rule out hyperthyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is an important cause of panic attacks. You have a fear of getting stroke or heart attack and this could b...  Read Full »

Common Fears of a Mom-To-Be
Article Overview: Once you realize you are pregnant, you want to ensure your baby gets only the best. You leave no stone unturned to verify the facts you come across. This article deals with common apprehensions that might cross the minds of newly-pregnant moms.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

When you first find out you are pregnant, at first, there is excitement. But after the news has slowly sunk in, many emotions such as worries, fears, and concerns take over right away. Am I eating right? Is the baby healthy? There are just too many questions running in your mind. We have set the fac ...  Read Article »

How to overcome the fear of my boyfriend cheating on me again?
Query: Hello doctor, My boyfriend cheated on me several times when we were dating, and I had no idea about it. But, we patched things up and got engaged. I love and have feelings for him. I keep worrying that he is going to cheat on me again. He is not cheating on me now, but I still have a weird possessiv...  Read Full »
Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. After knowing that your boyfriend was cheating on you in the past, you have repetitive intrusive thoughts that he can cheat again. This feeling of suspiciousness is normal to some extent, but if it is troubling you, making you restless, an...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Fear Of Going Out? We have medical experts to help you right away.