Gad

Related Terms: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder, Escitalopram, Clonazepam, Anti Anxiety Drugs, Buspirone.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)
Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension during her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months.  Read Article »

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu ...  Read Article »

Learn More About GAD: What Is Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Article Overview: People with GAD worry excessively and persistently throughout the course of the day. They are constantly anticipating the worst about family, health, finance, and future. Read on to find out how you can prevent it.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

Generalized anxiety disorder is a mental illness where the persons have anxiety not just to particular situations but nearly every activity of the day. Symptoms Excessive worrying. Trouble falling and staying asleep. Muscle tension. Constant negative thoughts. Inability to relax or enjoy me- ...  Read Article »

Are knee weakness and hand tremors GAD-related?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male in good health.My knees feel stiff and weak when walking. It also happens on my finger joints. Also, I sweat a lot and my hands start shaking (fine tremor) with light activity. I do have a generalized anxiety disorder. Are my symptoms GAD-related? This started ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generalized anxiety disorder is one possibility, but also we have to exclude other organic causes like for example hyperthyroid disease (by testing TSH, T3, and T4). If you have performed any blood tests please send a copy of them. One thing that differentiat...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best drug for GAD and social phobia. What are its side effects?
Query: Hi doctor, I will first summarize my case, and then I will put my query. I had been diagnosed to have GAD and social phobia before 10 years, and I was taking Paxil 20 mg daily in the evening along with CBT. The result was excellent. The anxiety and depression went away, but with a very high level o...  Read Full »
Dr. Maneesh Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. Out of the three options, the third option would be the best possible concerning the balance between the effectiveness and side effects. Zoloft (Sertraline) and Lexapro (Escitalopram), both are almost equal regarding the side effects and efficacy. Ba...  Read Full »

I had started with treatment for GAD. I cannot do anything without medication after I have withdrawn it. Help me tune the medications for extended usage
Query: Hello Doctor, I have started treatment of GAD before 2.5 months as follows: (60 mg Paxil daily, 150 mg Wellbutrin one time daily and 15 mg Buspar twice a day) in addition to CTB. The results were very good and the anxiety and accompanying depression went away. Now I cannot do anything without medic...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At first I would like to tell you briefly about Generalized Anxiety Disorder or GAD that you are already well aware of. This is a chronic, relapsing and debilitating common psychiatric disorder characterized by anxiety and worry about several events and activities for ...  Read Full »

I have lightheadedness. Is it due to GAD medicines?
Query: Hello doctor, I have chest heaviness and lightheadedness along with muscular spasms.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Lightheadedness and feeling of fainting are either due to low blood pressure or an abnormal rhythm of the heart. You will need a BP check and ECG so that any abnormality could be picked up. Regards. For more information consult an interna...  Read Full »

What are the chances of side effects of tablets given for GAD?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from unsteadiness, muscle tension, mild fatigue, anxiety and depression. I have been diagnosed with GAD. My doctor prescribed my Clonazapem 5 mg and Escitalopran 10 mg. Is it fine to take half of each tablet? Will it cause any intolerable side effects? I do not want to tak...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think for a 71 Kg young male the chance of side effects with recommended dose is very minimal, but at the same time I do not think this could be the final dose. Your doctor is right in saying take 5 mg of Escitalopram and this is the minimal effective dose for firs...  Read Full »

Celexa is not working now for my 12 year old girl with GAD. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, My 12 year old girl has been on Celexa from the age of seven years for GAD. She has been on 20 mg for the past three years. It has worked well for the anxiety and mood regulation. She has been irritable and angry with some depression for the past six months. Would you think we should loo...  Read Full »
Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the question. Generalized anxiety disorder is a simple anxiety disorder which is very easy to treat with medicines if it is combined with psychotherapy and progressive counseling. Medicines alone cannot cure it. Celexa (Citalopram) used to help her in anxie...  Read Full »

My problem is anxiety and fear. I have sexual problems as well. Please help.
Query: Dear Doctor, I am 32 years old and I weigh 80kg. I am married and I am working with a telecom company. I got married six months back and my problem is anxiety and fear. I am not able to drive because of fear. Headache, blurred vision, shortness of breath are my problems. Among them, fear is the ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description it appears to be Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) which is a kind of anxiety disorder that needs long term treatment. I would like to tell you that GAD is a kind of relapsing and remitting disorder and needs both medications as well as ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Gad? We have medical experts to help you right away.