Height Gain

Related Terms: Reduce Weight, Exercises, Physiotherapy, Weight Gain, Weight Loss, Obesity, Weight Reduction, Vitamin D

Query: Hi Doctor, My son is 11 years, weight 33kg, height 134cm, father's height 165cm, mother's height 155cm. Increment in height in last 2 years was 4 cm/year. Does he need growth hormone therapy? What are the investigations needed?  Read Full »
Dr. Ravikiran M
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Your son's height falls just below 10th percentile of height for age (WHO standard). Given that your height (parents' height) is in low to mid normal range compared to average height of the population at large, your son's height is not lagging behind that far. His height g...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years 5 months old and is gaining weight. I feel it is more than normal. Thyroid test has been done. He is fully healthy and has food normally.  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand all your concerns. I have checked the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The values point to the state of hypothyroidism. Please revise with me if he has any symptoms like cold intolerance, constipation, low heartbeats or ove...  Read Full »

Query: Dear Doctor, I have attached images of the latest x-ray imaging (attachment removed to protect user identity). I have taken this x-ray to determine my bone age, reason is that I had planned on using growth hormone therapy to help me grow taller. I was told that these bone age imaging of the wrist is...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hand x-ray for bone age is really meant for paediatric age determination (i.e, upto 12 years). You need to provide a few details to know if HGH will work for you or not. What is your current height? What is the height of your parents?  You really need the Risser's sign...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I have a son and a daughter. My height is 5.7 and wife is 5.1. I am extremely worried about my children height as we are short. My daughter is now 3 years 10 months old and have 14.5 kg weight and 38 inches tall. She had seizure thrice and taking some sodium liquid medicine for the past th...  Read Full »
Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I will try to sort it out for you. As you told me father's height 5.7 that is 170 cm and mother's height is 5.1 that is 155 cm. According to both of your heights, which is an average height of most of the people, the target range fo...  Read Full »

Child Height Prediction Calculator

If you cannot wait to see how tall your baby will be as an adult, our Height Prediction Calculator tool will help you find out. This height calculator uses a unique formula and takes genetics into account to predict the height of your child. Grow, baby, grow …

Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, Basically, my current height is 5 feet 7 inches, and I am 18 years old, for which my doctor said I am only taller than 25 % of my age group. I have not hit my second main growth spurt I believe. I have been growing really slowly over the years, even when I was 14 years old, I was not ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your current height will be based on a combination of your genes and environmental factors. If your parents are tall, you will also reach a good height eventually in most of the cases. A good diet rich in carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals and all micronutri...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I have a question concerning my height. I grew from 5 feet and 2 inches to 5 feet and 9 inches between 11 to 13 years. I did not have any noticeable growth since then. Usually, you would consider me as an early bloomer, but I had not shown signs of puberty unt...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. From what you have mentioned, it does not appear that you have a delay in your height growth velocity. According to your parent's height, your predicted height turns out to be 5 feet and 11 inches, and your current height is 5 feet and 10 inches wh...  Read Full »

Query: How to increase my height? I am 23 years old.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Growth in terms of height drastically reduces after puberty. You have not mentioned your gender. Theoretically, with proper nutrition and under ideal circumstances, growth in height stops in women at 18 years and in men at 24 years. This does not consider other factors...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My brother is a 15 year old boy. I am 157 cm, which I think is short for a 15 year old. Is there any supplement or vitamin that he can take to grow taller?  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Height is quite a concern for teens. We have to figure out that the height we have is predominately a genetic factor. So, traits like height, hair, eyes and facial expression we get it from our ancestor. If your parents are tall, then there are ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 9 years 1 month old. His height is 119.5 cm and weight is 25.5 kg. He is a very normal and healthy boy. My height is 5 feet 5 inches and my wife's height is 5 feet. I am worried about his height? Please explain me.  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight is fine and height is on the lower side. The body mass index is fine, but could be better. Height usually depends on a few things like the height of the parents genetically related, delay in height spurt and undernutrition. But...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Height Gain? We have medical experts to help you right away.