Lymph Node Enlargement

Related Terms: Fnac, Enlarged Lymph Node, Lymph Node Biopsy, Biopsy, Lymphoma, Infection, Lymph Node Pain

Why is there lymph node enlargement under chin and groin in a child?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old female child has mild lymph node enlargement under the chin and groin. She had a fever. Her weight is 8 kg. Peripheral smear showed mild degree aniso-poikilocytosis. Her hemoglobin is 12. She has a minimal fullness of renal pelvic calyceal system (USG). Is there anything...  Read Full »
Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent fever with lymphadenopathy sometimes indicates chronic infection like tuberculosis. If ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is normal and the fever subsides, this may be a remote possibility. A mild fullness of pelvicalyceal system sometimes indicates mild obs...  Read Full »

Is my lymph node enlarged due to cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have left supraclavicular lymph node enlargement of around 1 cm in size over four months. I have body pain and occasional low back pain. I have pain in areas such as shoulder, right groin, hand under the elbow and sometimes feel difficulties in chest. Only one lymph node got enlarged. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your queries, my opinion is as follows: Lymph nodes in supraclavicular areas are usually due to infection from surrounding areas. Possibility for cancer is if it is enlarging or very hard or if there are other cancer in the body. Usually increasing size in ...  Read Full »

What can cause lymph node enlargement in the neck?
Query: Hi doctor,I would like to seek your help on higher lymphocyte count. I am taking antibiotics after my doctor noticed enlarged lymph nodes on my neck and edge of my ears. I am under medication to check whether this infection is due to some throat issues or not. But, my ESR count remains same after a...  Read Full »
Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you are suffering from an inflammatory condition, which is either viral or chronic bacterial. In both these cases lymphocyte counts could be higher. Your other cell counts are normal including platelets and RBC count (red blood cell). You need not w...  Read Full »

What is the rationale behind lymph node enlargement in my baby?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year 8-month-old son has a single lymph node enlargement which is movable around 1.5 cm. There are no other signs or symptoms. There is no sign of any infections. Should I be worried?  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Single lymph node has no significance if there are no associated infections. Maybe your child had some cold or minor infection around that area due to which the lymph nodes got enlarged. You should show a doctor when lymph node increases in size as it is becoming v...  Read Full »

I have a constant sore throat with lymph nodes enlargement. Should I be worried?
Query: Hello doctor, About two months ago, I developed a sore throat. It was mainly on the right side. I went to urgent care, and they did a quick strep test, which came back as positive. I also had a little bit of a stuffy nose, and mainly the right ear felt full or plugged. I went home with antibiotics, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you suggest that you are suffering from a recurrent acute rhinopharyngitis. You may call it a recurrent acute upper respiratory tract infection. The initial infection has not healed completely, and it gets flared up frequently. Moreover, the ...  Read Full »

I am having sore throat with post nasal drip and lymph node enlargement. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old and from the last two years, my sore throat is not going away. I am having a lot of post nasal drip. I tried taking OTC anti-histamines, nothing helped. Today I noticed a hard lump under the chin at right side right at the point where throat begins. What is causing it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms listed by you point to chronic tonsillopharyngitis mostly secondary to the post nasal drip. Delving into the details, the constant post nasal drip is causing inflammation of the posterior pharyngeal wall and the tonsils in the throat. When these get infe...  Read Full »

Do I need to get FNB or biopsy to check lymph node enlargement?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 145 lbs. I am facing a significant unexplained weight loss of more than 45 lbs in four months. My normal weight since high school is 185 to 180 lbs. I am having episodes of significant and frequent drenching night sweats. Also, I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: In view of the clinical symptoms, images could be more of neoplastic etiology. Clearly, with the family history and prominent nodes along with classical his...  Read Full »

What can result in blood in stool with stomach pain in small children?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 11 years old. His sonography impression shows the presence of sub-centric, nonnecrotic, pre and para-aortic mesenteric lymph nodes. He suffers from stomach pain and also has blood in stools. Currently, he is taking Mebex and Monocef. His WBC level is above the normal. Please ad...  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mesenteric lymph node enlargement can be seen in children without a cause, and it is called as primary mesenteric lymphadenitis. In secondary causes, infections like tuberculosis or enteric fever or viral fever can also cause it. Blood in the stool can also occur due to...  Read Full »

Swollen preauricular lymph node. Does it sound like cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a BB sized lump where my preauricular lymph node is, right outside my right ear. My dermatologist, who is treating me for melanoma in situ, is sending me to an ENT this week to check it out, but said melanoma in situ cannot spread. I have no other symptoms. It is not tender and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For swelling in the pre-auricular area, my differentials are: Lymph node enlargement. Parotid gland swelling. Skin tumor. Parapharyngeal space growth. Since it is rubbery and movable, I feel it is more like a node only. Nevertheless, we need to investigate i...  Read Full »

I have a raised spot on the shaft of the penis. Could it be syphilis?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a sexually active gay male. I always use condoms for anal sex. I have a spot on the shaft of the penis, which is a little tender to touch. It is raised and smooth with nothing inside. It has been like this for just under a week. Could it be syphilis? I have some acne on m...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In syphilis, there is ulceration. An ulcer is painless, round, well-circumscribed and indurated. It is associated with lymph node enlargement. With known history and recurrent episodes, you should get your STD (sexually transmitted diseases) profile done. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lymph Node Enlargement? We have medical experts to help you right away.