Nortriptyline

Related Terms: Pregabalin, Tingling Sensation, Headache, Gabapentin, High Blood Pressure, Insomnia, Neuropathy

Why am I having numbness in legs and arms after taking Nortriptyline?
Query: Hello doctor,I had a head injury, asthma and been on Amitriptyline for five weeks started at 10 mg and worked up to 50 mg. Headaches did not go away. Switched to Nortriptyline 50 mg for less than a week and started to experience numbness in legs and arms and tingly or pins and needles in same limbs....  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that the complaints that you describe, are not common adverse effects related to Amitriptyline or Nortriptyline. I do not find anything really concerning in your symptoms, besides the fact that these drugs do not seem ...  Read Full »

Does tingling in my hands and legs mean carpal tunnel syndrome or ALS?
Query: Hello doctor, I have tingling in my hands for a few years, and now I am feeling tingling off and on in my feet and legs with occasional inner tremors. I had all my blood work done to test for diabetes, thyroid, vitamin deficiency, CMP and CBC all came back normal. I had an MRI of the brain that cam...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms do not look like ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). Moreover, carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) has been established in your reports. Anxiety and CTS are more than enough to cause these symptoms. So, my recommendation is that you should start on Pregabalin 7...  Read Full »

I feel dizzy when I take my BP medications. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I was recently diagnosed with high BP. The doctor asked me to get a lipid profile test done and the results were normal. So, he prescribed Tazloc 40 but, when I took this medicine I felt very dizzy. I am unable to work and it is affecting my job as well.  I...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, I went through your post. Your age is 35, which means you are young. However, you have not mentioned how much your BP reading was raised by. Tazloc (Telmisartan) is a good drug, but unless your BP was more than 160/90, it would cause giddiness.  Nortipan (a combination of Nortriptyline and P...  Read Full »

Is sore penis from excessive masturbation and vigorous sex a permanent damage?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a very sore penis from excessive masturbation and vigorous sex. The shaft of the penis seems to be less firm that it was in the skin and appears to be stretched out near the head of the penis. There is no pain but mild soreness. There is some soreness if I try to play with it. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The penile soreness is probably due to infection as penis appears to be reddish, due to this it feels soreness. It is not permanent damage and will be normalized once treatment is taken, which includes antibiotics. Antibiotics are to be chosen after culture and sensi...  Read Full »

Can frequent masturbation cause problems while urinating?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. I have a problem while urinating from past two years.  I have consulted my urologist, and we did many tests like urine culture, serum creatinine, and ultrasound KUB. After all these tests my doctor said there is no problem in my urinary tract. A few...  Read Full »
Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know about your problem. Frequent urination is a common problem called overactive bladder. Other than this, mild pain in the urogenital region can be due to neural pain. Masturbation usually does not cause these problems. I hope you had already taken a cour...  Read Full »

Are spider veins related to Ehlers-Danlos syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old female, who weighs 150 lbs and 5.9 feet tall. I have been experiencing a burning, stinging, or intensely sharp pain in different areas of my body, which always seems to be coming from a vein or artery on my neck where carotid is, in the leg, foot, arm, and temple. I ha...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. People suffering from EDS (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) tend to develop neuropathy like symptoms, that is tingling sensations. This could be a result of neuropathy or just somatic in nature. Important here is that, if all your parameters and blood work, ultrasound are within ...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from back pain. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a software engineer. I am suffering from back pain at the end of ribcage. Since one month I have been facing this issue. Pain starts when I sit for longer time like one to two hours continuously. If I walk frequently then also the pain starts slowly and sometimes the pain is unbearab...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I read your detailed history and studied your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be muscular in origin. It can be costochondritis pain and that takes at least four to six weeks to settle down. My recommend...  Read Full »

Do you have any suggestion for vision-related tinnitus?
Query: Hi doctor, I have vision-related tinnitus. I have been nearsighted for a while. Approximately, three months ago, I went to see a speaker, sat in the back and ended up looking at him out-of-focus for an hour. The next day, my ears started ringing. Looking at my computer tends to make it louder. I hav...  Read Full »
Dr. David J Mathew
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have tinnitus that gets exacerbated on looking at the computer screen. There is no established connection between looking at a bright object and worsening of tinnitus, though there may be isolated reports. Tinnitus is usually caused...  Read Full »

Why is there pain in scrotum and testis if masturbation or sex is not done?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband is 33 years old with a weight of 95 kg and 5 feet 9 inches height. He has been having pain in his scrotum and testis area for the past 6 to 7 years after every 2 to 3 days whenever he does not masturbate or does not have sexual intercourse. If he masturbates daily or has se...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. He has persistent testicular pain which develops usually when he does not masturbate or have sex. If the pain is persistent and is severe then that should be evaluated. The causes should be ruled out in order to make the diagnosis. Infe...  Read Full »

Please suggest a good antipsychotic to have a sound sleep.
Query: Hi doctor, I am taking psychiatric medicines for a long period. Recently, I had been taking Sulpitac, Xet CR plus, and Pregabid NT. A few days back, I quitted all the medicines. Now I have symptoms of paranoia and insomnia. I do not want to take many medications. I need an antipsychotic to fall asl...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have the symptoms of paranoia and insomnia, you can take antipsychotic such as Olanzapine or Quetiapine. It is a good option. You can start taking Olanzapine with 5 mg which can also be increased to 20 mg. Amisulpride (Sulpitac) is also a good option. But it does...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Nortriptyline? We have medical experts to help you right away.