Palmoplantar Psoriasis

General Management of Difficult Psoriasis

Article Overview: Here, I have discussed about the general management of difficult psoriasis and the prevention of its exacerbation. Read Article »

Psoriasis is a chronic genetically influenced immunologically based inflammatory disease of skin and joints. A majority of patients can be managed with topical coal tar, Dithranol and corticosteroids. However, psoriasis has a tendency to recur and may become worse. Moderate to severe psoriasis defin ... Read Article »

Kindly comment on my psoriasis prescription.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from psoriasis in my palm. When I was 12 years old, I had this disease for the first time. After taking some medicines it disappeared. But, it used to come on and off. In the past one year, I have faced this problem quite often. In between, I had homeopathy. As it ca...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your treatment is right. But, do not take Folitrax for long duration (Methotrexate) as it can adversely affect your liver and immunity. Also, if it is limited to palm and soles, then there is no need to take it. Because, Folitrax is meant for use in severe psori...  Read Full »

Palmoplantar Keratoderma - Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: This article discusses the general aspects of the commonly occurring skin disorder, palmoplantar keratoderma. Read Article »

What is Palmoplantar Keratoderma? Palmoplantar keratoderma is a commonly encountered problem in day to day practice. This disease presents as a distressing thickened skin with fissured pattern, intermingled with recurrent eczema like flare up. What Causes Palmoplantar Keratoderma? The causes coul ... Read Article »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.