Periarthritis Shoulder

Related Terms: Frozen Shoulder, Osteoarthritis, Achilles Tendonitis., Arm Pain, Calcium Supplements, Cervical Spondylosis, Diet And Lifestyle

How to find the reason for shoulder and arm pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My weight is 54 kg and height is 4'10". I have been suffering from upper arm and shoulder pain for the past one year, and it increased in the last three months. I cannot lift any weight. I feel pain with movement (forward and backward) of the arm. The arm is sti...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Non-traumatic pain in shoulder in a female of your age group is either because of periarthritis shoulder or frozen shoulder or due to early osteoarthritic changes in the shoulder joint. Both clinical examination and radiological investigation such as x-ray and MRI sca...  Read Full »

My mom met with two major falls. Is that due to Achilles tendon weakness?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

I have severe pain in my shoulder and neck. Please suggest a treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old female. I have been having pain in the shoulder and many times, this pain extends from the neck to the whole left hand. It pains a lot. I am suffering from this pain for more than six months. It pains so much like I have no control over my body and I get tears in my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Durgesh Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are cervical spondylosis or peri-arthritis of the shoulder. First, I need to ask few things: Do you have any co-morbidity like diabetes or hypothyroid? Do you have pain in any other joints? Do you have pain just when you get up in the morning? Does ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Periarthritis Shoulder? We have medical experts to help you right away.