Pre-workout Supplement

Is Nitrous oxide pre-workout supplement bad for hypothyroidism?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is higher than the normal range. T3 and T4 are fine. I go to the gym regularly and like to lift heavy weights. I am taking pre-workout supplement - Nitrous Oxide. I heard that this is not good for me but I want to take some pre-workout supplement. Wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very good question.You are right. The supplements which you are taking are not good for you when you have hypothyroidism. It can have adverse effects in the long run. I understand you require a pre-workout supplement for the strenuous exercise you do. WHEY PROTE...  Read Full »

Protein Supplements - Yes or No?

Article Overview: Often, we see bodybuilding enthusiasts taking huge amounts of protein powders and getting buff. Even the cover graphics of the powders are those of highly ripped bodybuilders showing off their shiny biceps. After reading this article, you should be able to understand the usual components and their significance in those protein powders. Read Article »

Dr. Vishnu K R

Fitness Expert

What Is Protein? You already know that it is a nutrient. And, like all nutrients, proteins are vital for maintaining your health. Proteins are the building blocks of every visible structure in your body. Even the hair. It is protein. A good proportional combination of melanin and keratin. That mean ... Read Article »

Protein Supplements - Types and Need

Article Overview: The indiscriminate use of protein supplements can do more harm than good. This article aims to increase awareness about various types of protein supplements and who will benefit by taking them. Read Article »

Dr. Vishal Wadi

Nutritionist

What are Protein Supplements? Protein supplements are concentrated forms of protein that are isolated from food sources. All protein-rich foods contain carbohydrates and fats along with protein. Hence whole foods do not provide lean protein. Who should take Protein Supplements? Those who have h ... Read Article »

Kindly provide your guidance for fitness.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female working with a private company and staying away from family. I need your guidance and opinion for fitness and nutrition. I have started gaining weight on the belly, thighs and butts. So, I have recently started running, stretching, jogging and a few of abdominal...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query completely. I feel that you are genuinely very much health conscious and I like such people. Even though you stay away, you have a lot of things that can be done for a healthy leaving. First of all, vitamin D supplements are sometimes n...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.