Shoulder Pain

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Pantoprazole, Anxiety, Paracetamol, Chest Pain, Diclofenac, Headache, Fever

Is my shoulder pain a disc problem or nerve pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I am working as a design engineer. I work more than ten hours per day in front of the computer. Last two months ago I have pain in my right leg while walking and irritating buds while sitting on the right side. So I went to doctor. He took MRI and says I have disc bulge L4 L5 and it p...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The numbness in your small finger is related to a pinched nerve in the elbow, probably related to a wrong position during sleeping. It is not related to the bulging disc in the lumbar vertebral column. I would just recommend performing a nerve conduction study if the...  Read Full »

I have shoulder pain after playing squash. How can I get relief?
Query: Hello doctor,I have shoulder pain possibly from playing squash. Please view my reports.  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shoulder pain can be a result of injury or disease of the shoulder joint. An injury can affect any of the ligaments, bursae, or tendons surrounding the shoulder joint. The injury can also affect the ligaments, cartilage, menisci, and bones of the joint. I suggest you p...  Read Full »

What is the solution for shoulder pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing pain on my right shoulder for a couple of weeks. I have the pain only when I move. When I raise my hands up and throwing anything overhead, I have the pain. The pain is at the front of my shoulder, and I can put the finger on the spot that is sore. I am taking Paracetam...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep icing the painful area frequently. The pain in the shoulder could be a muscle strain or a spasm after a prolonged period of compression possibly due to lying over that shoulder. It can be an AC joint (acromioclavicular joint) strain. Massage the area gently. Gentle...  Read Full »

I have neck and shoulder pain that go away when I lie down. Any suggestions?
Query: Hello doctor,I complained of neck and shoulder pain. It was diagnosed to be muscle spasm by a doctor. X-ray has been taken. I was given cream and Muscadol tablets. I used ice and some exercise. It worked over 90 % but the problem is I feel pain after sitting on a chair for 10 minutes continually. It...  Read Full »
Dr. Firas Arnaout

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your young age makes arthritis (wear and tear) unlikely. And you did not mention any history of traumatic injuries to your neck. The issue seems to be postural as the pain appears after sitting up and resolves on lying down. It would be useful to check the Xrays to ...  Read Full »

What is the remedy for shoulder pain in a thyroid patient?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife is suffering from left shoulder pain since last six months specifically in the morning. Please suggest the remedy soon. She is a thyroid patient and currently on Thyroxin 75 mg. The laboratory test performed was for uric acid measuring 4.6 mg/dl.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does she have any other symptoms of associated neck pain, arm, and hand pain, tingling or numbness in the neck, shoulder or arm, any history of trauma to shoulder or neck, etc.? Does her pain increase while doing shoulder movements? The possibilities in her are cervi...  Read Full »

What is the cause of shoulder pain and how to treat it?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a track athlete and yesterday in training I did some bench press, short sprints, push-ups and core work. I warmed down and stretched. I woke up this morning with pain in my right shoulder and halfway through the day, this pain is getting worse. What is a possible cause of this and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concerns about your shoulder pain. I suspect acute injury to shoulder muscles or ligament. So, that is why the shoulder may be paining. According to me, because of bench press, your muscles around the shoulder may be overstretched and that ca...  Read Full »

I suffer from neck and shoulder pain from three years. What do you suggest?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female. I have been suffering from neck and shoulder pains almost every single day for about three years now. It occurred suddenly one day very mildly. I just assumed I 'slept wrong' and thought it would go away on its own. The pain has been more on my right side. It...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems to be a tight scalene and trapezius muscle on the right side of the neck. You simply need to do self-stretching to get rid of the pain. I suggest the following: Isometric neck contraction and neck stretching towards the left side for 10 ...  Read Full »

I am experiencing neck and shoulder pain from childhood. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female, and I am experiencing chronic neck and shoulder pain. It ranges from dull to severe and happens when I stand or walk for over an hour. I have been experiencing this since I was a child and have never received an explanation or treatment. I am not sure if it is r...  Read Full »
Dr. James F Geiselman
Chiropractor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your question and viewed your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am sorry you are experiencing chronic neck and shoulder pain. Based on the image, it is hard to tell what vertebrae this is. It could be C7 or T1. Does it hurt when ...  Read Full »

Kindly review MRI taken for chronic shoulder pain.
Query: Hello doctor,I have a chronic right shoulder pain, especially when lifting up an arm or moving arm sideways. I have discomfort when resting on my right side in bed. Also feeling a slightly loose shoulder or detached arm when rotating the arm, and the occasional feeling of nerve pinching, although no...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your shoulder MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not showing any serious concerns but there are some areas which might be causing mild pain and discomfort during movements. In the coronal images, there is likely early degenerative changes in the dis...  Read Full »

Can hand tremor and shoulder pain be caused due to anxiety?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I got married a year ago. I am an audiologist. I am having pain in my shoulder, hand, neck and back more in the left side of the body. Sometimes, I feel tremor in my fingers and hand and pain throughout the nerves of hand. I have these symptoms for almost 8 mont...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would here by say that you may not believe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency are very common in some races and we always misdiagnose these symptoms. Your symptoms are due to an...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Shoulder Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.