Medical Advice on "Simethicone"

First of all Mylanta (combination of Magnesium hydroxide, Aluminium hydroxide and Simethicone) is not prescribed for indigestion. It is for hyperacidity and burning sensation in your esophagus and stomach. It will not affect you. Do not worry. It will not harm you, but … View thread »

There could be some gas problem probably, which is a minor issue.I suggest syrup Colicaid (Simethicone) 2.5 mL thrice a day for three days.Also, I would advise against drinking raw milk. Please sterilize and drink. Please educate your son about raw milk that it can cause … View thread »

As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you  … View thread »

I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking … View thread »

Is he passing stools? This is a very important question because if he is not then, it may point to obstruction. Another possibility is that there may be some mild gastritis. You can manage the pain by giving syrup Colicaid (Simethicone) 5 mL only when there is the pain. … View thread »

First of all, you must understand that babies change their sleeping pattern so quickly. There are lots of reasons for babies not to sleep at night. They usually sleep for one or two hours at a stretch. Colic pain can be one of the reasons. You should either give him … View thread »

This is a common complaint in newborn babies and infants. Is your baby is feeding well and has good weight? Does she have normal stools and urination? Is there any other health concern? The common causes of frequent crying in infants could be the following: The usual … View thread »

You are reporting to have bloating after eating, especially lunch. These symptoms may be related to stomach issues like gastritis or gall bladder issues like biliary sludge (bile precipitation) or dyskinesia (gall bladder muscle motility disorder). In my opinion you … View thread »

The first striking point I have noted in your history is the weight of the child. 10 kg for a 5 year old is very less. This history coupled with the history of abdominal pain and indigestion may be indicative of a metabolic disorder or disorder associated with digestion … View thread »

This must probably be your first child, that is why this query. Please note that children under the age of six months may pass stools either 10 to 15 times a month or once in 2 to 3 days. And it is absolutely normal. You should be worried only if the child has not passed … View thread »

Do you have a question on Simethicone? We have experts to help you right away.

Ask a Cardiologist Now!