Medical Advice on "Simethicone"

First of all Mylanta (combination of Magnesium hydroxide, Aluminium hydroxide and Simethicone) is not prescribed for indigestion. It is for hyperacidity and burning sensation in your esophagus and stomach. It will not affect you. Do not worry. It will not harm you, but … View thread »

There could be some gas problem probably, which is a minor issue.I suggest syrup Colicaid (Simethicone) 2.5 mL thrice a day for three days.Also, I would advise against drinking raw milk. Please sterilize and drink. Please educate your son about raw milk that it can cause … View thread »

As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you  … View thread »

I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking … View thread »

Is he passing stools? This is a very important question because if he is not then, it may point to obstruction. Another possibility is that there may be some mild gastritis. You can manage the pain by giving syrup Colicaid (Simethicone) 5 mL only when there is the pain. … View thread »

It is one of the common complaints from the parents. Such levels of bilirubin are normal in the initial months of life. There is nothing to worry about it. The sleep pattern that you described is perfectly normal. Usually, babies cry continuously for a while and then go … View thread »

I think she is suffering from a viral infection. I suggest you give her syrup Alerid (Cetirizine) 5 mL twice a day for cold. This syrup makes few children drowsy though not all. Hence avoid morning dose if she is going to school. You can also give her syrup Cyclopam … View thread »

First of all, you must understand that babies change their sleeping pattern so quickly. There are lots of reasons for babies not to sleep at night. They usually sleep for one or two hours at a stretch. Colic pain can be one of the reasons. You should either give him … View thread »

This is a common complaint in newborn babies and infants. Is your baby is feeding well and has good weight? Does she have normal stools and urination? Is there any other health concern? The common causes of frequent crying in infants could be the following: The usual … View thread »

You are reporting to have bloating after eating, especially lunch. These symptoms may be related to stomach issues like gastritis or gall bladder issues like biliary sludge (bile precipitation) or dyskinesia (gall bladder muscle motility disorder). In my opinion you … View thread »

Do you have a question on Simethicone? We have experts to help you right away.