Simethicone

Related Terms: Dicyclomine, Gas Formation, Pantoprazole, Gastritis, Importance Of Breastfeeding, Stomach Pain, Acidity

I had Mylanta that was expired. Will it cause any problem?
Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion, so I took some Mylanta. I did not check the expiration date and had a teaspoon of it. Then I noticed that it got expired some years ago. Will I be fine? Or what should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Ahmed Elhaged
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all Mylanta (combination of Magnesium hydroxide, Aluminium hydroxide and Simethicone) is not prescribed for indigestion. It is for hyperacidity and burning sensation in your esophagus and stomach. It will not affect you. Do not worry. It will not harm you, but wi...  Read Full »

My son complains of stomach pain and discomfort. What would be the likely reason?
Query: Hi doctor, My 5 year old son lives in a village and is habitual of having milk twice a day. As he loves milk sometimes, he drinks raw milk (unsterilized milk). His father owns a dairy business. For the last one week, he is not feeling well and mostly complained about having a stomach ache, fatigue ...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.There could be some gas problem probably, which is a minor issue.I suggest syrup Colicaid (Simethicone) 2.5 mL thrice a day for three days.Also, I would advise against drinking raw milk. Please sterilize and drink. Please educate your son about raw milk that it can cause d...  Read Full »

My 5 months old baby often cries due to gas problem. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor,My baby has just completed 5 months. We are giving her formula milk since my wife had less milk. She has constant problems with gas. I have given her Colicaid before a feed and burp her 15 to 20 minutes after every feed and gas gets released as well. Even after that, she cries due to gas p...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you c...  Read Full »

My 2 month old baby is crying a lot. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2 months old baby is crying a lot. She is crying most of the day and is refusing mother's milk. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. If a 2 month old child is crying, then it could be due to pain in the abdomen due to colic. I suggest you start Colicaid drops (Dil oil, Fennel oil, and Simethicone), four drops thrice a day for three days. If the child is not taking ...  Read Full »

My 4 year old has stomach pain. What is he suffering from?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4 years old. He has had pain above his belly button for two days. He only wants to sleep. He is vomiting and not eating anything. Why? What is he suffering from?  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is he passing stools? This is a very important question because if he is not then, it may point to obstruction. Another possibility is that there may be some mild gastritis. You can manage the pain by giving syrup Colicaid (Simethicone) 5 mL only when there is the pain. F...  Read Full »

I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. I am 41 years old, an average height of 5 feet 9 inches and 74 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms are indicating candida infection of the gastrointestinal tract. Should determine by stool culture and sensitivity testing for candida. Plus, should run upper endoscopy to rule out acid reflux. For the moment, I advise taking probiotics to stabilize intestina...  Read Full »

I feel bloated and breathless. Is this normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been having stomach problems for the past three days and I have been trying everything and not seem to work. Today I tried Zantac 150 and I feel really bloated and feel like I am out of breath. Is this normal? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Bloating could be due to indigestion issues. Zantac (Ranitidine) will help reduce the acidity of the stomach but not immediately. Take antacids after the meal and at bedtime. Plus, take enzyme digest to help ease digestion, together with Simet...  Read Full »

What can be done for continuous bloating and farting?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 32 years old male. During the evening time, I started bloating and fart continuously. This is happening since last 6 to 8 months. I have high cholesterol and taking Rozavel 10. It is very embarrasing.  Read Full »
Dr. Mayank Agarwal
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rosuvastatin (Rozavel) is a lipid-lowering drug that may cause excessive flatulence in some patients. However, you might have irritable bowel syndrome. You must elaborate on your symptoms. Do you feel pain in the abdomen? Do you have a fixed time of meal? For flatulence...  Read Full »

My 7 week old baby's bilirubin level is 6.8 mg/dL. Kindly advise the drug and care.
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 7 weeks old. He is totally on breastfeed. Yesterday we noticed that his eyes were yellow and we took him to a doctor today. The doctor advised us a bilirubin test. The reports read as bilirubin total 6.8 mg/dL, bilirubin direct 0.9 mg/dL and bilirubin indirect 5.9 mg/dL. Kindly...  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is one of the common complaints from the parents. Such levels of bilirubin are normal in the initial months of life. There is nothing to worry about it. The sleep pattern that you described is perfectly normal. Usually, babies cry continuously for a while and then go ...  Read Full »

My daughter has cold, stomach pain, and leg pain. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has cold and stomach pain. She has headaches also. There is no fever. She has got pain in her legs near the foot. Sometimes, she says she has a stomachache. But, then it is fine the next morning. Please advise me on this.  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think she is suffering from a viral infection. I suggest you give her syrup Alerid (Cetirizine) 5 mL twice a day for cold. This syrup makes few children drowsy though not all. Hence avoid morning dose if she is going to school. You can also give her syrup Cyclopam ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Simethicone? We have medical experts to help you right away.