Teeth Grinding

How to deal with teeth grinding that developed due to brain tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 2 years and 5 months old and he had a brain surgery two months ago to extract a brain tumor. It was an anaplastic ependymoma on his fourth ventricle. After brain surgery, his awareness was low and he was on a ventilator for 50 days. He is doing well know, but ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your nephew. Due to the tumor for which he was operated, the cerebellum (small brain) was affected. Due to that, he has developed bruxism which is a rare complication. Unfortunately, there is no effective established recommended treatment. Some ...  Read Full »

Please explain the treatment options available for teeth grinding and underbite.

Query: Hi doctor, What is the best mouth guard used for teeth grinding? What is the cheapest way available to treat underbite?  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teeth grinding affects dental health. It is a cause of attrition. If stress is the cause for grinding the teeth, then do regular exercise, yoga, and meditation. Avoid drinks that contain caffeine. Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking, if you have the habit. Take a suffici...  Read Full »

I grind my teeth at night and have pain from left molar and TMJ to ear. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I grind my teeth at night even though it has not been confirmed. I have the white lines on my cheeks. Yesterday and today I have this pain from my left molar to my TMJ and ear ache. And I do not know if it is from where the grinding is getting worse, a tooth infection, or ear infectio...  Read Full »

Dr. Osman Adam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The grinding teeth at night usually come from stress or psychological problems so you should visit a dentist near to you in order to get a night guard to protect grinding teeth at night. At the same time, you should consult with your psychiatric physician to know the ca...  Read Full »

Do You Grind Your Teeth at Night?

Article Overview: Most of the people who have teeth grinding habit will not accept the fact. This article gives a brief note on what are the bad effects of teeth grinding on the general and dental health. Read Article »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Most people have the habit of clenching their teeth when in anger or during the peak of any emotional trauma. Imagine when this happens on a regular basis and during the night. Teeth grinding is medically called as bruxism. It is an involuntary action occurring especially at night. The primary reaso ... Read Article »

What could be the cause of crescent-shaped front teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, My son is 2 and a half years old and has very jagged (crescent-shaped) front teeth. I have brought him to two dentists. One said it appeared to be an enamel deficiency and the other said it was due to him grinding his teeth. I have never seen or heard him grind.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. I also saw the picture attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is definitely not because of teeth grinding because the features of the tooth say it all. This could be something call...  Read Full »

I recorded myself sleeping and found I move my legs up and change positions. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27-year-old male. Over the past several months, I have had many sleep disturbances. I have recorded myself sleeping. Several times over the last two weeks, I have episodes that last two to three minutes and occur 10 plus times a night. During the episodes, I move my eyebrows up a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to a sleep disorder or epilepsy seizures. An electrolyte imbalance or vitamin D deficiency may also lead to abrupt leg movements during the night, but not typically the other movements (teet...  Read Full »

Though I am stress-free, I am getting horrible headaches. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am almost 18 and ever since I was little I have had horrible headaches or migraines. Before, I used to get at least once in a week. If I sit in my dark closet, I feel like I am going to vomit or just bad enough. So, I do not want to get out of bed. I tried talking to my doctor about it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to exclude the physical causes of headaches. You might have an error of refraction, so you need your eyes checked. You need to measure your blood pressure, as you might have irregularities of blood pressure. You should get your blood sugar measured as hypoglyc...  Read Full »

Affirmative Sleep Talking

Article Overview: This article will provide you with information about a new type of therapy to deal with your kid if there are any behavioral problems. Read Article »

Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali

Psychotherapist

Sleep talk therapy is a new type of remedy in which you talk with your kid while he/she is sleeping. This therapy is very useful for kids from the age of toddlers to 12 years. It helps build positiveness in your kid's behavior. Parents can opt for this therapy when they are worried about common chil ... Read Article »

Loose Tooth: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment

Article Overview: A loose tooth is a common complaint in the middle-aged and elderly population. The most important cause of this being periodontitis. This article emphasizes the causes, prevention, and treatment of loose tooth. Read Article »

Dr. Akhil K Padmanabhan

Dentist

It is quite disturbing to have a loose tooth in your mouth which almost always hinders with your normal food habits and sometimes causes pain. The common cause for a loose tooth is periodontitis (infection of the supporting structures of the teeth), which arises from poor oral hygiene. A loose tooth ... Read Article »

Why are there whitish purple lines under my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I was looking at an almost healed canker sore under my tongue and noticed the following whitish purple lines. Are they cause for concern?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can understand your concern. No, there is nothing to be worried, it is a normal junction between the tongue and floor of the mouth. In your case, it seems it is a little bi...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee