Meniere’s Disease

I developed tinnitus suddenly. Kindly go through my MRI and suggest.

Query: Hello doctor, I developed tinnitus all of a sudden last year. I am attaching the last year MRI images for your evaluation. Of late, I have some muscle pull in my calves. I am waiting for your evaluation.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have analyzed your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are age-related minor changes in the scan. But nothing is alarming in the scan. The tinnitus which you have can be because of isolated eighth nerve or inner ear involvement. Do...  Read Full »

Will Meniere's disease cause pulsatile tinnitus 24/7 for three months?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had pulsatile tinnitus for the past three months 24 hours a day. It is loud, except when lying down, I am so upset. It is not my BP, although it has risen since the beginning of this. They upped my Benicar from 5 mg to 25 mg. so now it is fine. I have had every test like MRI brain...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As all the tests, including MR (magnetic resonance), CT (computed tomography), etc., have turned out to be normal, there is no secondary reason causing tinnitus. So the problem lies inside the inner ear, only nothing else. TMJ disease process, especially if in...  Read Full »

Can I have tinnitus due to side effect of AZO?

Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. While you have elaborated on your symptoms very meticulously, I still require some more details. Is there any hearing loss? Do you have any fullness of the ear? The tingling feeling, is it permanent? Do you have any giddiness? Any change of ear fullness or tin...  Read Full »

Is Meniere's disease life-threatening?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had tinnitus for the last one or two years. But now, I have been noticing a ringing sound in my right ear. I have gone for a hearing and balance test at the beginning of this year, and it was clear. I took an MRI scan after a month, and the results were clear. So is this Meniere's...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your concern, tinnitus is not only the symptom of Meniere's disease. Meniere's disease has typical symptoms of vertigo, hearing loss, aural fullness, and tinnitus. As you do not have all these symptoms and all your reports are normal (attachments removed to pro...  Read Full »

What causes mild tinnitus and pain behind the ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have mild tinnitus and pain at the back of the skull behind the ear. I also have pain in both temples next to the ear. I wanted to ask what causes this as I have on and off pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when you started having these problems?  Read Full »

What can be the reason behind Meniere's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been told by my ENT and another specialist that I have Meniere's. I have two vertigo attacks a week, ataxia gait, where I stagger when I walk, tinnitus, ear fullness, and hearing impairment during an attack. This has led me to suffer from mild hearing loss. This is for a report...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All your symptoms do go in favor of Meniere's disease. Let me first brief you on what happens in Meniere's disease. Our ear is divided into three components. The outer, the middle, and the inner ear, The inner ear, to be specific, is responsible for two actions. 1. ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to get rid of inner ear fluid.

Query: Hi doctor, I was told by my primary care physician that I have some fluid in my inner ear. I have also had dizziness, nausea and feeling like the room is spinning. I also think that I have vertigo, but I am not sure. The episodes happen at night and sometimes during the day. My current medication in...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do your symptoms increase on changing position? Do you have fullness in the ear, ringing sensation in ear or reduced hearing? There can be two possible diagnoses in your case, but I need to know if you have any of the above symptoms. Either it can be benign paroxy...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for headache, vertigo and partial hearing loss in right ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law has been experiencing severe headache, and nausea along with occasional vomiting for the last few days. He visited an MD first and subsequently an ENT specialist who advised that a nerve in his right ear has dried up and there is a partial hearing loss which is causi...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to ask you some more questions in detail so that we can reach some final diagnosis. Is your brother-in-law having fluctuating type of hearing loss that means sometimes hearing is normal and during attack hearing goes down? Is there any history of vertigo and ...  Read Full »

Why i am hearing some swishing noise in my ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this insane swishing noise every time I move my head or eyes. I feel like I am going to pass out. Even opening some doors does it, if they create pressure from pulling.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the movement is worsening the symptoms, it must be an inner ear problem. There could be additionally middle ear block or eustachian tube block as the pressure change worsening it. However, since you have not mentioned the duration, I am mentioning all possib...  Read Full »

My head has been spinning for several days. Is it related to vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor,My head has been spinning for several days and I used to hear some claps in my ears. The day before yesterday, some pimples appeared in my body and my stomach was very hot and I was vomiting yellow. Is it related to vertigo or to something I ate? I took Cotrim for pimples.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The spinning sensation is due to vertigo which could be due to either vestibular neuritis or Meniere's disease in both conditions cause vertigo. In order to identify the cause, please provide me with more details: Do you have any hearing defect? Any similar episode...  Read Full »