Meniere’s Disease

What could be the reason for headache, vertigo and partial hearing loss in right ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law has been experiencing severe headache, and nausea along with occasional vomiting for the last few days. He visited an MD first and subsequently an ENT specialist who advised that a nerve in his right ear has dried up and there is a partial hearing loss which is causi...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to ask you some more questions in detail so that we can reach some final diagnosis. Is your brother-in-law having fluctuating type of hearing loss that means sometimes hearing is normal and during attack hearing goes down? Is there any history of vertigo and ...  Read Full »

Do you have any suggestion for vision-related tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have vision-related tinnitus. I have been nearsighted for a while. Approximately, three months ago, I went to see a speaker, sat in the back and ended up looking at him out-of-focus for an hour. The next day, my ears started ringing. Looking at my computer tends to make it louder. I hav...  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have tinnitus that gets exacerbated on looking at the computer screen. There is no established connection between looking at a bright object and worsening of tinnitus, though there may be isolated reports. Tinnitus is usually caused...  Read Full »

Why i am hearing some swishing noise in my ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this insane swishing noise every time I move my head or eyes. I feel like I am going to pass out. Even opening some doors does it, if they create pressure from pulling.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the movement is worsening the symptoms, it must be an inner ear problem. There could be additionally middle ear block or eustachian tube block as the pressure change worsening it. However, since you have not mentioned the duration, I am mentioning all possib...  Read Full »

My head has been spinning for several days. Is it related to vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor,My head has been spinning for several days and I used to hear some claps in my ears. The day before yesterday, some pimples appeared in my body and my stomach was very hot and I was vomiting yellow. Is it related to vertigo or to something I ate? I took Cotrim for pimples.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The spinning sensation is due to vertigo which could be due to either vestibular neuritis or Meniere's disease in both conditions cause vertigo. In order to identify the cause, please provide me with more details: Do you have any hearing defect? Any similar episode...  Read Full »

Are pronounced hyperacusis, tinntus and headache the symptoms of Meniere's?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to share my story quickly, and my question is to those who suffer from Meniere's. Does this sound at all like the syndrome? I have not received a Meniere's diagnosis, but I am scared I might be in the early stages of it because only one ear is involved. About 14 months a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If Epley maneuver has improved your dizziness, then it does not seem to be Meniere's disease, and also you used to get vertigo only when you shake your head which is not so in Menier's. Also, you will have hearing loss as well in Meniere's. Ringing in your left ear, is...  Read Full »

What could this room spinning sensation be?

Query: Hello doctor,My problems are headaches and dizziness. When I woke up this morning, my head was aching and when I stood up, I felt the room turning around. I could not stand for a long time. I have a previous history of vertigo and migraine. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, most probably you have vertigo which may be due to many causes like: Inflammation of the labyrinth (inside of the ear) Positional vertigo with certain movement. Meniere disease which is associated with increased pressure i...  Read Full »

I am unable to work because of headaches, balance problem, and tinnitus. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female, and I weigh 60 kg and 5.3 feet tall. From the last 2.5 years, I have suffered from headaches and balance problems. I had an MRI, which was seen by an ENT two years back, and it was all clear. At that time, I was off work for six months as I kept stumbling. These...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details or your problem: What exactly happens in balance problem? Do you fall while walking? Or have a feeling of falling? Do you have any associated hearing problem? Is there a history of any ear discharge? As your primary complaint...  Read Full »

I have a swaying sensation as if the entire earth is a boat. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Have you seen any long term damage caused by cephalo-antibiotics? I have a debilitating balance issue and dizziness that feels like the entire earth is a boat. It had been like this for two and a half weeks after two of the 1 g Ceftriaxone injections. Please assume that I do not hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unlikely to have vestibular damage due to Ceftriaxone and that too when you have taken only two doses. I have not seen until now in my practice Ceftriaxone causing vestibular damage. Can you please tell me for what medical illness Ceftriaxone was prescribed to yo...  Read Full »

Please suggest a permanent cure for Meniere's disease.

Query: Hello doctor,My mother has Meniere's disease. What could possibly stop attacks of headaches and head spinning? She is currently taking Vertin tablet whenever she gets an attack.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest taking Vertin (Betahistine) 16 mg, twice daily regularly for two weeks. I want the following details: Does she have any hypertension or hearing loss? Has she decreased the salt intake? Any ringing in the ears? Get a pure tone audiometry done and send me the repo...  Read Full »

Kindly see the MRI images, and tell me the reason for the sudden development of tinnitus.

Query: Hello doctor, I developed tinnitus all of a sudden last year. I am attaching the last year MRI images for your evaluation. Of late, I have some muscle pull in my calves. I am waiting for your evaluation.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have analyzed your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are age-related minor changes in the scan. But nothing is alarming in the scan. The tinnitus which you have can be because of isolated eighth nerve or inner ear involvement. Do...  Read Full »