Meniere’s Disease

What causes mild tinnitus and pain behind the ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have mild tinnitus and pain at the back of the skull behind the ear. I also have pain in both temples next to the ear. I wanted to ask what causes this as I have on and off pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when you started having these problems?  Read Full »

What can be the reason behind Meniere's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been told by my ENT and another specialist that I have Meniere's. I have two vertigo attacks a week, ataxia gait, where I stagger when I walk, tinnitus, ear fullness, and hearing impairment during an attack. This has led me to suffer from mild hearing loss. This is for a report...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All your symptoms do go in favor of Meniere's disease. Let me first brief you on what happens in Meniere's disease. Our ear is divided into three components. The outer, the middle, and the inner ear, The inner ear, to be specific, is responsible for two actions. 1. ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to get rid of inner ear fluid.

Query: Hi doctor, I was told by my primary care physician that I have some fluid in my inner ear. I have also had dizziness, nausea and feeling like the room is spinning. I also think that I have vertigo, but I am not sure. The episodes happen at night and sometimes during the day. My current medication in...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do your symptoms increase on changing position? Do you have fullness in the ear, ringing sensation in ear or reduced hearing? There can be two possible diagnoses in your case, but I need to know if you have any of the above symptoms. Either it can be benign paroxy...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for headache, vertigo and partial hearing loss in right ear?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother-in-law has been experiencing severe headache, and nausea along with occasional vomiting for the last few days. He visited an MD first and subsequently an ENT specialist who advised that a nerve in his right ear has dried up and there is a partial hearing loss which is causi...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Verma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to ask you some more questions in detail so that we can reach some final diagnosis. Is your brother-in-law having fluctuating type of hearing loss that means sometimes hearing is normal and during attack hearing goes down? Is there any history of vertigo and ...  Read Full »

Why i am hearing some swishing noise in my ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I have this insane swishing noise every time I move my head or eyes. I feel like I am going to pass out. Even opening some doors does it, if they create pressure from pulling.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the movement is worsening the symptoms, it must be an inner ear problem. There could be additionally middle ear block or eustachian tube block as the pressure change worsening it. However, since you have not mentioned the duration, I am mentioning all possib...  Read Full »

My head has been spinning for several days. Is it related to vertigo?

Query: Hello doctor,My head has been spinning for several days and I used to hear some claps in my ears. The day before yesterday, some pimples appeared in my body and my stomach was very hot and I was vomiting yellow. Is it related to vertigo or to something I ate? I took Cotrim for pimples.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The spinning sensation is due to vertigo which could be due to either vestibular neuritis or Meniere's disease in both conditions cause vertigo. In order to identify the cause, please provide me with more details: Do you have any hearing defect? Any similar episode...  Read Full »

Are pronounced hyperacusis, tinntus and headache the symptoms of Meniere's?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to share my story quickly, and my question is to those who suffer from Meniere's. Does this sound at all like the syndrome? I have not received a Meniere's diagnosis, but I am scared I might be in the early stages of it because only one ear is involved. About 14 months a...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If Epley maneuver has improved your dizziness, then it does not seem to be Meniere's disease, and also you used to get vertigo only when you shake your head which is not so in Menier's. Also, you will have hearing loss as well in Meniere's. Ringing in your left ear, is...  Read Full »

What could this room spinning sensation be?

Query: Hello doctor,My problems are headaches and dizziness. When I woke up this morning, my head was aching and when I stood up, I felt the room turning around. I could not stand for a long time. I have a previous history of vertigo and migraine. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, most probably you have vertigo which may be due to many causes like: Inflammation of the labyrinth (inside of the ear) Positional vertigo with certain movement. Meniere disease which is associated with increased pressure i...  Read Full »

I am unable to work because of headaches, balance problem, and tinnitus. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female, and I weigh 60 kg and 5.3 feet tall. From the last 2.5 years, I have suffered from headaches and balance problems. I had an MRI, which was seen by an ENT two years back, and it was all clear. At that time, I was off work for six months as I kept stumbling. These...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details or your problem: What exactly happens in balance problem? Do you fall while walking? Or have a feeling of falling? Do you have any associated hearing problem? Is there a history of any ear discharge? As your primary complaint...  Read Full »

I have a swaying sensation as if the entire earth is a boat. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Have you seen any long term damage caused by cephalo-antibiotics? I have a debilitating balance issue and dizziness that feels like the entire earth is a boat. It had been like this for two and a half weeks after two of the 1 g Ceftriaxone injections. Please assume that I do not hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unlikely to have vestibular damage due to Ceftriaxone and that too when you have taken only two doses. I have not seen until now in my practice Ceftriaxone causing vestibular damage. Can you please tell me for what medical illness Ceftriaxone was prescribed to yo...  Read Full »