Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma

My son is 13 years old and has bleeding nose problem. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 13 years old and he has bleeding nose problem. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Nilotpal Dutta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleeding at this age should be evaluated thoroughly there may be a lot of possibilities like a JNA (juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibromas), NPC ( nasopharyngeal carcinoma), nasal polyps hematological causes, etc. So an urgent diagnostic nasal endoscopy with a complete ...  Read Full »

Will excision biopsy remove the nodal metastasis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma?

Query: Hi doctor, My son was recently diagnosed with nasopharyngeal carcinoma stage 3. He had undergone 35 sessions of IMRT as well as six sessions of chemotherapy. Three more sessions of chemotherapy have been prescribed and the first one was completed last week. Two more to go in three weeks time. Recen...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Samdariya

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, based on the reports, the patient is hypovolemic (low BP). He needs a good oral diet and maybe if required admission and supportive care in the form of IV fluids. It looks like a recurrent disease in sub-mandibular nodes. It needs to be evaluated whether t...  Read Full »

Please advise on nasopharyngeal carcinoma in a 17 year old male.

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding nasopharyngeal carcinoma non-keratinizing. The patient is a male 17 years. His symptoms are epistaxis, lump on the right side of the neck, and weight loss. Blood tests, CT scan, FNAC cervical lymph node right side of the neck, EBV testing, and biopsy of nasophar...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a nasopharyngeal carcinoma (a head and neck tumor). But still, the staging workup is incomplete. So, you need to do a CT scan of the chest and isotope bone scan or a PET/CT sca...  Read Full »