Neuropathic Pain

Please suggest a solution for neuropathy in feet and intense burning throughout the body.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 65-year-old male. I had cancer before four years and was in a coma for about four times. My remission is a miracle. I have severe neuropathy in feet and poor control over the last three years. Even narcotics do not work and now exploring alternatives. My question is for the la...  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would advise you on the following, for the next one month, for relief. (a) Alpha Lipoic Acid R+, 300 mg twice daily. (b) Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamine), 500 mg daily. (c) Omega-3 fatty acid 1000 mg twice daily. Additionally, I would also advise you to go for ac...  Read Full »

I have a pinching pain in my arm, shoulder, palms and fingers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, From the last two months, I have a pinching and wound-like pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. I also feel pain in my palm and fingers while bending, stretching or gripping.  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a neuropathic pain because of a nerve compression syndrome. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet Gabapentin forte (Gabapentin), half a tablet, twice a day. Tablet Zerodol TH 8 (a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside) once...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for my penis pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some pain in the right side of my penis for the past six years. I never injured it during sex, but I have squeezed it too hard after urination. I can get an erection, but it is uncomfortable. The discomfort extends from the tip of the penis to the testicles, but only on the right ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain you are experiencing on the right half of your penis should be arising from the right corpus cavernosum (spongy tissue surrounding penis) and is an extremely rare condition. I suggest you an MRI of the pelvic region and a penis to be done to identify any struct...  Read Full »

My friend is suffering from neuropathic pain after a thalamic stroke. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a 48 years old female, suffered a CVA three years back. She was diagnosed with a right thalamic hemorrhagic stroke with pericardial effusion, left hemiparesis, autoimmune thyroiditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ischemic unstable angina, grade 3 obesity, altered glucose...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thalamus is the part of the brain, through which all sensory information is relayed. After a stroke involving the thalamus, many times, the patient develops thalamic pain syndrome, which is very poorly responsive to medications. But as you told that it was relieved ...  Read Full »

I have neck spasm and difficulty in walking. Please help.

Query: Hello, I weigh 39 kg and I am 31 years old. I have lost two kilograms in the last two months. I am having spasm in the neck since 2 months. It started when I had sudden sneezing and was not able to move the neck soon after that. Neck movements got restricted. I consulted a doctor and took tablet...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whole event started with a sneezing after which you developed muscular spasm in the neck. You took pregabalin for neuropathic pain but due to its side effect you discontinued.  After that you had physiotherapy and developed other neurological symptoms and you...  Read Full »

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A minimally thickened cord is of questionable importance. Please get your urine analysis also. Idiopathic orchialgia is very common in young people. I suggest you wear scrotal support. The testes carry a spiral muscle called cremaster with them while coming out of the abd...  Read Full »

Does taking Pregabalin for a long time cause increase in B12 levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I was taking Pregabalin for a long time. I got my blood test done and B12 has come 1993 pg/ml although the LFT and RFT are normal. Should I stop the intake of Pregabalin immediately and wait for fifteen days to get the B12 test once again?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pregabalin medication is used for neuropathic pain. It does not lead to the elevation of B12. So, you can continue with this medication. For high B12 level, you have already ruled out liver and kidney disease by their subsequent reports. So, I suggest you investigat...  Read Full »

My dad complains of a pain in his left leg seven years after a stroke. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, My father suffered a stroke seven years ago, that got the right side of his body numb and non-functioning. But, after all these years, he constantly refers to a pain in his left leg. Can you tell me what would give him relief from this pain? I am attaching his latest reports here.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The possible explanation for the left-sided leg pain of your father is neuropathy. It can be contributed by the same factors that caused the stroke. The common factor...  Read Full »

What can be the cause of pain in the upper back and neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I was advised to take Naproxen, Gabarich 300 mg and Pantop 40 mg for my upper back and neck pain. Can you please tell me if Gabarich is a painkiller and with what to substitute for Naproxen and Gabarich for pain in my upper back and neck? I must remind you that I am on antidepressants.  Read Full »

Dr. Ruth Agustin

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaints of upper back pain and neck pain point to a musculoskeletal cause, probably a muscular spasm. However, it would be prudent to check for other causes such as osteoarthritis and nerve impingement, initially through X-rays. Naproxen belongs to a family of ...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness along my fingertips?

Query: Hi doctor, My thumb, index and ring fingers are all super numb at the fingertips. This numbness has lasted for five days, and now I am getting horrible sharp pains in my index finger. Previously, I have carpal tunnel syndrome.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in your hand finger tips, and the area mentioned appears to be that of median nerve region. Now, if this pain and numbness are severe and persistent, then the advice to you is to get nerve conduction study done and look for severity of compr...  Read Full »