Oral Antibiotics

I have excruciating pain and swelling in my cracked tooth. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a cracked tooth which I believe needs a root canal and a crown that I think went bad. I am in excruciating pain. I have been to emergency rooms they have given me Clindamycin and Vicodin for pain but it barely touches the pain. I have been on antibiotics for two days. I thought...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your complaint and relevant details. You have mentioned you got a swelling. I just want to make sure if the swelling is confined close to the tooth or is it spreading? The severe pain along with fever and swelling confirms that the infection has gone bad. Clind...  Read Full »

I am suffering from acne since I was 13 years old. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am getting acne since the age of 13. I have asthma. No product has worked on my face. I have sensitive oily skin. Kindly advice some solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and I understand your concern. Acne has several grades depending on the type of lesions. In grade 1, I prefer to advise topical Clindamycin in the morning and Benzoyl peroxide alternatively with topical retinoids in the night-time. Oral antibioti...  Read Full »

What can cause boils on the finger?

Query: Hello doctor, Five days ago, I got a boil between my little finger and ring finger of my left hand. I am not sure what caused it whether it was an insect bite or just a rash. It was itching a bit initially if I remember correctly, but then it stopped. It started as a small boil, but then it got bigg...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and seen the pictures attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be either bacterial or fungal infection and best treatment option would be pus culture to look for organism followed by antibiotic sensitiv...  Read Full »

Can Silverex cream be used to treat burns?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a burn injury on my neck and chest area yesterday morning. A layer of skin is off and in some places it is pink in color. There is no blister and no pain. I have had it covered with gauze. When should I remove the gauze? I have been cleaning the area three times a day. In some days...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It will take one to two weeks, if there is no blister. I would advise you to use Silverex cream (Silver sulfadiazine) twice daily and Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid 625 mg thrice daily for seven days in order to prevent any kind of infection and proper healing. For furth...  Read Full »

Why do I have white particles in hair?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have itchy scalp and hair fall with tiny white ball all over the head and also in shoulder. The balls are attached to the skin and coming out in nails with pressure. I have attached the photos along with this query. I am using anti-dandruff shampoo, which cur...  Read Full »

Dr. Avina Jain

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history and from the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from acute dandruff with folliculitis.For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What are the side effects of taking levofloxacin and azithromycin tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I weigh 46 kg. Over the last seven months, I am suffering from fever along with chest and back pain. I also have body ache and little blocked nose but not runny nose. The mucus keeps coming out from my mouth. I have headache and I feel very tired. My stool is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. It is right that tablet Azithromycin might cause heart disorder like increased abnormal rhythm and this is seen usually in the elderly age group. At 19 years of age and if you have no known cardi...  Read Full »

What should be done to cure infected piercing?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an infected piercing. It is already one month since I have got a piercing. My infection is getting worse so I removed it. What should I do to my wound? I removed my piercing. It is my first time to be pierced so I do not know how to clean it and I am using fake pieces of jewelr...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry for the infection site you are experiencing. You need to get evaluated by your physician. I think you need prescription oral antibiotics. Wash with warm water and antiseptic soap, rinse well, dry thoroughly, apply oxygenated water, then apply Betadine. At the...  Read Full »

I have an open sore behind my lower molar and I have difficulty in swallowing. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, Behind my bottom right molar, there is an open sore, and it feels like something is tearing out. It is swollen over my molar too. There is a white discoloration around the sore, and back of my throat hurts on the same side. It hurts badly. I have difficulty in swallowing and in eating fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the duration of your problem. It can be due to third molar impaction. When a wisdom tooth comes out from the oral cavity, sometimes it makes a problem. But if you have a difficulty with swallowing, then you should go to a local medical emergency. ...  Read Full »

Is there any antibiotic or treatment available to remove smell from mouth and bad breath?

Query: Hi doctor, I always have bad breath and a smelling mouth. Recently, I found stinky tonsil stones. Is there any antibiotic or treatment available to cure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bad breath or halitosis is a problem where the breath is smelly. It has some causes from food to some disorders. As you have tonsil stones, you can have infections in it. It can be treated by using antibiotics. If you have a recurrent infection in the tonsil, then I sug...  Read Full »

Can H.pylori infection be treated with injectable antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with an H.pylori infection. My current symptoms are an inability to eat properly, excessive burping, and restlessness. My doctor advised taking Cravit and Amoxicillin, along with Pantoprazole as an acid reducer. Just after one doze of antibiotics, I have severe...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Injectable therapy is available for H.pylori infection, and it is more efficacious as compared to oral treatment. Injectable therapy include. Injection Omeprazole 80 mg stat, followed by 40 mg twice a day for three days, intravenously. Injection Ampicillin 1.5 gm stat, f...  Read Full »