Oral Antibiotics

Tablets, capsules, syrup, or liquid that are taken orally to prevent or treat various infections caused by bacteria are called oral antibiotics. Penicillins, Cephalosporins, Tetracyclines, Quinolones, and Sulfonamides are the most commonly used oral antibiotics classes. The indiscriminate use of oral antibiotics makes bacteria resistant, so avoid self-medication.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How long should I take antibiotics post toe amputation?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a toe amputation of my pinky toe that got ripped off in a surfing accident. In the hospital, they gave me an antibiotic injection and antibiotic pills for one day. It has been four days, and the wound is healing alright. I told this to the doctor friend of mine, and he said I sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is of utmost importance that you continue and complete the full dose of antibiotics that were started. Antibiotics are given to kill or prevent the start of infection as such conditions are favorable for them to grow. In your case, since recent surgery or min...  Read Full »

Can unremoved files during RCT procedure cause severe tooth pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an RCT done on the lower molar (number 6) two months ago. The file was left inside the canal, which I did not know. It was a mild sensation for a month or so. Then I went for fixing the crown. The dentist asked to cut the gums because enough space was not there for fixing the cr...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may cause pain if the file is protruding out of the canal, but is not usually the cause. There may be a hidden canal infection. Usually, such pain is caused when more disinfectant liquid is injected into the bone beyond the canal. It should clear up when the l...  Read Full »

How long does an infected cartilage piercing take to heal?

Query: I had a question about my ear infection. A few weeks ago I got a cartilage piercing. I used saline solution to clean the piercing because the piercer said not to use any alcohol or peroxide. After going to the doctor the first time, she told me to use peroxide to clean it but rinse it off after. (Is...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi welcome to icliniq Ma’am it’s due to infection only. As i can see in picture it all developed after piercing only. In most of the cases it’s seen then people develop such infections after piercing. Because when we have opening or wound then it’s easier for injection to ge...  Read Full »

What antibiotics are used in the second-line treatment for H. pylori infection?

Query: hello i have been diagnosed with h.pylori and gastric , my doctor wrote me pylera 3 pills per meal + omeprazole 1 pill. after i finished the treatment i discovered that i have been taking the wrong dosage i was taking one pill per meal , now the bacter is resistant to pylera, what antibiotics sho...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well you already have taken a very effective dose of pylera. Every bug in another human respond differently. I suggest you to test for H pylori stool antigen and confirm whether it is still present, and then consider starting second course of treatment. How many da...  Read Full »

How to treat swelling in the lower eyelid?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a swelling in the left lower eyelid as can be seen in the picture before four days. It is painful and the eye turned red. Since yesterday, I have been using Ciprofloxacin eye drops, but there is no relief. I got similar problem in my right lower eyelid a year back. Since, two months...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your eyes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is called an¬†internal hordeolum, a kind of bacterial infection leading to an abscess. It is common in oily skin people. Hordeolum will not resolve with eye drops alone. I ...  Read Full »

How to treat a palpable swelling under the right side of the jaw?

Query: Ten days ago, I was eating some soup when some got under my tongue and I felt a sudden sour twang through the right side of my mouth and jaw. It gradually subsided in intensity and I examined the inside of my mouth for any tender areas or asymmetries under my tongue. There was a very slight swelling...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi! You have assessed the condition in the best manner any patient could do! So considering the problem out there, like you have rightly put it , looks like we are dealing with an infected gland/ sialolith or a traumatised duct. In all three cases, I suggest you to follow the advice mentioned bel...  Read Full »

FNAC of submandibular lymph node shows inflammatory lymph nodes. Should it be removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a unilateral submandibular lymph node swelling on the right hand side of the neck. I had an ultrasound and at this time the lymph node measure 5-6 cm and the onset were sudden with pain. After three-course of antibiotics (Augmentin two doses and Clindamycin one dose), I was refer...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want you to be completely calm because according to the course of the lymph node enlargement, symptoms, and investigations the lymph node enlargement is just an inflammatory reaction. It is not a tumor at all. Just complete your antibiotic treatment then follow up o...  Read Full »

How long will it take to recover from frenectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I went for a regular dental cleaning today and the periodontist is strongly recommending local surgery to remove some muscle between my lower lip and gum. He scheduled it as a frenectomy and insists it needs to be done to prevent further gum loss as he says the muscle is above the gum ...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick


Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. If you pull down your lower lip, you will see a small stretch of muscle connecting your lip to the gums just below your lower front teeth. This small flap of skin and muscle is called the frenulum. Frene...  Read Full »

I have excruciating pain and swelling in my cracked tooth. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a cracked tooth which I believe needs a root canal and a crown that I think went bad. I am in excruciating pain. I have been to emergency rooms they have given me Clindamycin and Vicodin for pain but it barely touches the pain. I have been on antibiotics for two days. I thought...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your complaint and relevant details. You have mentioned you got a swelling. I just want to make sure if the swelling is confined close to the tooth or is it spreading? The severe pain along with fever and swelling confirms that the infection has gone bad. Clind...  Read Full »

I am suffering from acne since I was 13 years old. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am getting acne since the age of 13. I have asthma. No product has worked on my face. I have sensitive oily skin. Kindly advice some solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and I understand your concern. Acne has several grades depending on the type of lesions. In grade 1, I prefer to advise topical Clindamycin in the morning and Benzoyl peroxide alternatively with topical retinoids in the night-time. Oral antibioti...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.