Painful Itchy Bumps

Small bumps on the anal hole cause pain and difficulty in passing motion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe pain and itching on the anal hole. I also have four to five small cylindrical bumps near the anal hole that cause more irritation and discomfort. Kindly let me know what the remedy is. Under this situation, it is becoming painful to pass.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture you attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) seems thrombosed external hemorrhoids. These are blood-filled piles in the anal canal, which has now clotted with blood. Pain and sometimes bleeding is a common thing. I suggest you...  Read Full »

Why do I have small painful bumps on my labia with itching?

Query: Hello doctor, I started with burning when I pee, but it felt different than a normal UTI. Some small bumps seen on the labia appeared like ingrown hairs but itched and hurt when touched. I tested negative for herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and trichomoniasis. Severe back and pelvic pain began, with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the symptoms you mentioned and also the treatment you have taken. The lesion you said is an STD, possibly chancroid. It would help if you took the recommended antibiotics for chancroids like tablet Azithromycin 1 gm single dose or Erythromycin 500...  Read Full »

What could cause painful bumps in underarms, pubic area, and inner thighs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have painful bumps under my arms, all around my pubic area, and on my inner thighs. It hurts to move around and I do not know how to make it better. It has been happening for awhile but it was never this painful. I always thought it would heal itself but it has not yet. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have hidradenitis suppurative as you have painful recurrent boils for a long time. It is a chronic recurrent condition that can be kept under control with the treatment. Other differential diagnosis is furunculosis. If you could share ...  Read Full »

What could present as a painful itchy wart-like bump on vulva?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a wart-like bump inside my left side of vulva and it hurts wearing underwear and it is very uncomfortable.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it itching, irritation, painful, tender, tingling sensation? Is it burning? Or do you have pain when contact with water? Is it a papule, or vesicle, or pustule? Sexual history? Do reply. Attach the picture of the lesion if possible.  Read Full »

I have painful hard bump in arm. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, Over the past few days this hard bump has been growing on my left arm and now it is decently big and it hurts to touch. I am confused because it just came out of nowhere. I am wondering if it is a cyst or tumor. I am an 18 years old, male. 5”11 , 165 lbs.  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you recently sustain injury? How about recent insect bite? How long have you had this? From what size it started? Can you estimate how big it is now? Is there weakness or numbness? Can you send more pictures in different views? I will be needing these to better ...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my daughter with painful bump behind her ear?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days ago, my daughter compliants about an itching spot behind her ear. I checked it out and it was red and swollen with a quarter size knot in the center. Tonight she complains of pain behind her ear same spot still red and swollen now with three pearl size lumps. Is this an eme...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is she having a fever as well? Do you find such a swelling, although smaller, behind the other ear, or in her neck, or in her armpits? Does it pain when she is eating or chewing? Did she have a running nose, or blocked nose, cough in the last two weeks?  Read Full »

I have a red, swollen, and painful bump on palm. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bump on my palm that has been there for about a month and a half. It is red, hurts when I press on it, swollen, and kind of burns every once in a while.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, I need to know if you have been dealing with any chemicals that might have caused allergy and changes in the local skin. Plus, any new cosmetic started recently? Stress? If nothing, then, it is a case of atopic dermatitis. But first you should determine the pr...  Read Full »

Why do I have boils in private area after shaving?

Query: Hi doctor, I shaved my lower region and then I had sex. Now I have boils around my private area. It is very painful. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your detailed obstetrics and gynecology history, your medical history, and drug history. Please say about the material used such as hair removal cream or razor to remove the hairs. Sometimes removal of hairs after a long time gets sensitive to hair remova...  Read Full »

Red and painful boil on testicle makes walking difficult. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25-year-old male. I have a boil on my testicle. It discharged some yellow fluid in the morning. It has turned red now. I feel pain when I walk due to friction. I applied Candiderma powder in the morning, but now I forgot to get the powder to the office and I feel u...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. Perhaps, it is a bacterial skin infection - red, painful and swollen. I suggest you take an oral antibiotic either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin, 500 mg thrice daily for a week. Topically, you may use an antibacterial cream such as Mupiroc...  Read Full »