Panic Disorder

When does the sedative effect of Effexor go away?

Query: Hello doctor, I have just started taking Effexor XR 75 mg for panic disorder for seven days. I felt so sedating, I cannot even get out of my bed. I really want to give it a chance, but this is too much for me. Will this go away? Should I change the medicines? What should I do? I do not want to give ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Effexor XR (Venlafaxine) can be quite sedating in few cases in which you have the following options. 1. If you are taking this medicine in the morning time, then it is advisable to use it at bed time. 2. Take the plain preparation of Effexor rather than XR, if the ...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and panic disorder. I worry that I may be in psychosis. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 and panic disorder. I currently take Zoloft and Klonopin. My psychologist believes I am functioning normally, but sometimes I worry that I may be in psychosis, or displaying symptoms. My only concern is that recently, I have been having paranoid thoughts. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to have some paranoid thoughts, especially when you are feeling stressed, anxious, and feeling low in confidence. From the way you have described your symptoms, psychosis appears very unlikely. You can recognize the paranoid nature of your thinking, and ...  Read Full »

I want medicine without side effect for anxiety and panic disorder. Is Imipramine a good choice?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tried Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Effexor, and Prozac for anxiety and panic disorder. But I suffer from the side effects of these medications. My biggest complaints were increased anxiety, and panic attacks, along with weight gain (50 pounds), and tachycardia that kept me up at night ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Imipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant drug, and yes the drug is known to result in side effects like weight gain. But this depends upon the dose, the duration of treatment, patient factors, etc. Lexapro (Escitalopram), Wellbutrin (Bu...  Read Full »

Can prolonged stress cause any damage to the brain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from fatigue for more than two years now. I am a 34-year-old otherwise healthy male, all blood, hormone, vitamin tests have come back perfect. However, it started after a long and intense panic disorder, which lasted for months and almost drove me to suicide. What s...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand and empathize you. During a panic attack or any stress, our adrenaline level is so high. This is the hormone for fight and flight and to relieve from this condition, Clonazepam acts as a relaxing agent. This is normal for any person and this medicine...  Read Full »

I am suffering from severe health anxiety and panic disorder.please help me to stay calm.

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you can help me with my anxiety. I am a 35-year-old female who has severe health anxiety and panic disorder with agoraphobia. I have been doing good until this past month. Then, I got sick and had a fever. My heart rate was high during the time of fever. I became extremely an...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your medical history. Considering your clinical symptoms and performed medical test I would explain as follows: Your heart rate increase recently is defined by your condition of high body temperature and systemic inflammation response. Usu...  Read Full »

How can anxiety causing breathlessness be controlled?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a best friend who suffers from anxiety and I saw her almost dying today because of a panic attack she had. All her life she thought she had a problem with her heart but she went to see a doctor and he said she is in perfect health. She starts shaking and cannot breathe and I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Panic attacks related to anxiety can be a scary experience. But remember it is not a life-threatening experience. You can encourage your friend to seek professional support to manage her panic attacks and anxiety. She will need a complete assessment following which t...  Read Full »

I am suffering from panic disorder. Should I use SSRI or 5-HTPn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from panic disorder. I am currently on Paroxetine CR 12.5. For anxiety, should I use SSRI or 5-HTPn?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Regarding treatment of choice for anxiety, SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) groups of medicines are very effective when compared with 5HTPn (5-Hydroxytryptophan). In fact, according to available literature, S...  Read Full »

Can Daxid and Stablon be taken together?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from panic disorder and was prescribed Daxid 100, Qutipin 50, Stablon 12.5 (all one tablet per day). Can anyone take Daxid and Stablon simultaneously?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it appears that you are confused with your drugs. Yes; you can take both Stablon (Tianeptine) and Daxid (Sertraline) at the same time. I want to know, are you having any other disorder other than panic disorder. Qutipin (Quetiapine) is no...  Read Full »

How to stop a panic attack naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a horrible panic attack two weeks ago. My arms and legs went numb. Even now, I am having trouble with them and my balance. What can I do to stop this?  Read Full »

Dr. M K Rathore

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment includes some medicines and psychotherapy. Medication includes antidepressants (SSRI's, TCI), antianxiety drugs. It is better to see a doctor before taking any medicine as the best medication for your panic attacks will depend on a variety of factors, l...  Read Full »

EKG for shortness of breath showed QTc 470. Do I have a prolonged QT?

Query: Hello doctor,I went to the ER for shortness of breath. I suffer from panic disorder and hypochondria. My doctor did an EKG and released me and told me it was benign. I saw my QTc was 470. Is this correct? She told me there was a benign ST elevation. I am so nervous. Please help me. Is this EKG norma...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not a long QT (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Manually, QTc fine. There are S waves in lateral leads suggestive of some conduction delay and early stages of RBBB (right bundle branch block), which can also be seen normally in some individu...  Read Full »