Prevention Of Diabetes

I have fluctuating sugar levels. Am I diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, No one is diabetic in my whole family. My sugar levels are fluctuating. My sugar levels in the past three months were 110 mg/dl, 107 mg/dl and 122 mg/dl for pre-lunch and post-lunch were 83 mg/dl, 120 mg/dl and 172 mg/dl respectively. I have never taken any medicine for diabetes.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are not a diabetic, but some of your reports need further follow up. You seem to be in a healthy weight range. A better indicator of your blood sugar levels will be glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1C). This is a blood test and can be done at any time of the day. This...  Read Full »

Can I use Metformin for diabetes prevention and weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I read over the internet that tablet Metformin helps decrease the weight and prevents the onset of diabetes. Both my parents are diabetics and I weigh 70 kg. Hence, I want to use Metformin for diabetes prevention and weight loss. Yesterday, I took 500 mg and I do not feel any problem...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Upadhyay

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you do not take the tablet if you are not clinically diagnosed as diabetic as it could lead to serious problems. I would strongly advise you to not to take it anymore. To prevent diabetes, one has to change the lifestyle like diet, and have to do exercise or ...  Read Full »

How to prevent stroke?

Query: Hi doctor, Kindly give some tips on the ways to prevent stroke.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are some tips to prevent stroke. Regular exercises like brisk walking and jogging according to your capacity for at least 30 minutes a day and five to seven days a week in nearly all peoples. Regular exercises help in reducing weight, decrease lipid level and bl...  Read Full »

What is the recommended dose of Metformin for my sugar levels?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 33 and weight is 80 kg. My glycosylated fasting sugar 106 and postprandial is 115. Will Metformin help me to lose weight? Which medicine is better, either Metformin or Metformin extended release? How much dosage should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your sugar reports, it is confirmed that you are not diabetic. But, you are prone to get diabetes as fasting sugar is impaired and normally it should be less than 100. So, I would recommend you lifestyle modification like exercise for at least 30 minutes per day fo...  Read Full »