Pulsatile Tinnitus

Is there a link between COVID-19 vaccine and tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have dermatomyositis with ILD. I am doing fine. I take CellCept 2 g once daily. I had completed two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine four months ago. I had all testing, and everything was fine. After the first vaccine, I developed pulsatile tinnitus in both ears. It seems to be gon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did the tinnitus worsen after the second dose? If it has not worsened after the second dose and as testing did not show any significant abnormalities (ruling out significant damage to the ear), I would recommend you to go for the third dose as anti...  Read Full »

Will Meniere's disease cause pulsatile tinnitus 24/7 for three months?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had pulsatile tinnitus for the past three months 24 hours a day. It is loud, except when lying down, I am so upset. It is not my BP, although it has risen since the beginning of this. They upped my Benicar from 5 mg to 25 mg. so now it is fine. I have had every test like MRI brain...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As all the tests, including MR (magnetic resonance), CT (computed tomography), etc., have turned out to be normal, there is no secondary reason causing tinnitus. So the problem lies inside the inner ear, only nothing else. TMJ disease process, especially if in...  Read Full »

Do pain in the cheeks near the ear, and pulse tinnitus indicate TMJ disorder?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had pain in my cheeks near my ear for the past year. I know it was from TMJ, so I tried to quiet it down with some exercises. I never went to the dentist until recently because of the COVID. Next thing about three months ago, I got pulse tinnitus in my ears the whole day, and I cont...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to ilciniq.com. The continuous jaw pain signifies even after a month that either your facial muscles and joints are tight or that you may be suffering from an underlying condition like osteoarthritis. The tightness of the joint or muscle accompanied by tinnitus may be what the dentist ...  Read Full »

Can TMJ disorder cause pulsatile tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, Can TMJ disorder cause pulsatile tinnitus? I have had pulsatile tinnitus for six weeks. I also have a TMJ disorder. It hurts intermittently inside my ear and sometimes on the sides of my face. But my concern is about the 24/7 pulsatile tinnitus. I have had every test. MRI without contrast...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The oceanic noise which you feel you are hearing in your inner ear may have nothing to do with your TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder. TMJ disorders usually produce clicking, grating or popping sounds along with tinnitus that increases in intensity over time or ag...  Read Full »

Is temporomandibular joint disorder related to pulsatile tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor,I have pulsatile tinnitus for six weeks. I have done MRI and CT angiography. But the doctor cannot find anything abnormal in the tests. I have TMJ disorder and I am trying to do exercise for my mouth. I am planning to get a mouthguard from the dentist. Kindly tell me whether pulsatile tinn...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Temperomandibular disorders do not cause pulsatile tinnitus. But temporomandibular joint can cause tinnitus and it occurs in association with the movement of TMJ. It does not cause pulsations. It should have some relationship with jaw movement by increasing or decre...  Read Full »