Suture Site Infection

Is it concerning that my suture for gum graft loosen before removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had alloderm gum graft surgery on July 2nd. The sutures are nondissolvable. They became loss yesterday and this morning I noticed that the edge of a suture is loose. There is no bleeding and a very mild discomfort. The facial swelling has resolved. I do not have a fever. The gum is...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question I can understand your concern. If the gap between graft and the normal gingival tissue is not visible then there is no issue. If there is a breach between two you will need the doctor consultation. Because you have not uploaded any pic...  Read Full »

Is the suggested treatment plan correct?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a C-section delivery before four months. After 15 days, there was a small wound and it got cleared after a month. Now again, there is some wound infection and is showing two holes. I am taking antibiotic Ciplox 500 and Vibact for the past two days and taking Clarithromycin 500 a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your C-section has become complicated due to the infection in your wound or surgical site. The incision sometimes does not heal due to body's own defenses and that can cause this. I would suggest you go for the correction surgery because they reopen and repair the same si...  Read Full »

Why is fluid dripping from the stitches?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a C-section before a month. A few days after, it was found that the surgery site got infected with some discharge. All the stitches were removed and the site was irrigated and cleaned everyday for over a week with antibiotics. Two days ago, I went for secondary closure. A nylon thre...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it seems like you have an infection in the suture line. You will need professional daily dressing and antibiotics. Please go to a hospital and have the wound looked at and maybe a culture sent to determine the cause of infection. Meanwhile, you can do t...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in wisdom tooth extracted site even after 9 days?

Query: Hello doctor, This is the 9th day after wisdom teeth extraction and I still have a painful swollen gland under my jaw.  Read Full »

Dr. Wajid Hassan

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I know it is a bit hard for you at this stage after wisdom tooth surgery. Some of the times the wisdom tooth surgery is a little aggressive because the tooth is lying deep into the bone and to remove it a lot of work has to be done. And some of the bone has to be remove...  Read Full »

What can cause pus to leak from stitches after cesarean?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a cesarean operation before nine months. But, my stitches have not been cured yet. Earlier, pus used to come out of the hard structure and began to gather on my belly. Now, after two months, again a little bit of stitch has been opened. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I had gone through all the details you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  You have got an infection postoperative at suture site, because of which you are getting pus. I suggest you to consult a general surgeon. There might be a local pocket of...  Read Full »

The deep cut in foot is still red and painful. Do I need more antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight days ago, I had a deep cut in my foot from a puncture. I got five stitches. A couple of days later, it got infected. So, I went to the doctor and was prescribed antibiotics for five days. While it seems like it is doing better, the redness is not completely gone and now I just t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, a five-day course of antibiotics is enough for wound infection. I suggest you send me some photos of the wound in order to give you a better advice. Is there any pain, pus, or redness in the wound site? I suggest taking Ibuprofen 400 mg tablet every six hour...  Read Full »

I had an incisional hernia fix a month back, and now the incision is draining pus. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had seven abdominal surgeries, namely gastric bypass, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, exploratory laparoscopy, panniculectomy, ventral hernia repair, mesh removal from hernia repair with exploratory laparoscopy, and recently open epigastric incisional hernia fix a month back. Imme...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very unfortunate that you had to go through all that. After reviewing the information shared and your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears you are suffering from surgical site infection. Following are the possibilities: Infection a...  Read Full »