Tongue Blisters

There is a zit on my tongue. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am 49 years old and have this white pimple kind of thing on my tongue (left side) since quite some time (more than two months). It is not causing me any symptoms or any discomfort. I also have not noticed any increase in size or any other changes. I do not drink, smoke or use tobacco. Ho...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the proper detailed history and the appropriate clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since you are not a tobacco or alcohol user the chance of oral cancer is ruled out. Now a few types or differential diagnosis are left. Lie bum...  Read Full »

Why do I have white lines on the side of my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, The left side of my tongue has been hurting for a few days, and there is a white raised line on it. What do you think it could be? The image is attached.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be an inflammation of the tongue mucosa either due to common mouth ulcer erupting below the tongue or a tongue bite which occurred while chewing the food. If it is an ulcer forming, it ...  Read Full »

Are white bumps under the tongue normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female, and I have white bumps on the back of my tongue. I also have painful white sores on the sides of the tongue. I have been getting painful sores on the tip of my tongue quite frequently for the past two months. But this time, the pain was severe. I did get some re...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your complaint and also the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you provided of the lesion. As far as your history of painful sores on tongue tip is concerned, there can be various reasons. Most common are vitamin B12 deficien...  Read Full »

I have a sore on the tongue after kissing a sex worker. Is it an STD?

Query: Hello doctor,I had kissed a sex worker accidentally in the lips/mouth area. No sexual contact or intercourse happened. I am very worried from the last few days about catching an STD from the saliva of the female. Now, after three weeks, I have developed a painless red lesion on the side of my tongue...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not an STD (sexually transmitted disease). It is perhaps due to pressure from molars. I suggest you take a B Complex vitamin once a day. Regards. For more...  Read Full »

Should I seek medical attention for discoloration in mouth?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 22 year old healthy woman. I have been experiencing some discoloration in my mouth. I would like to know your input on it. Should I seek medical attention? I also have a white spot on my throat. There is no pain or discomfort at all. I noticed them about a week ago and I have bee...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »