Vitamin B12 Sources

Why am I getting heavy shoulders and tingly arms when I forget my vitamin supplement?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing heavy shoulders, and then my hands and legs are feeling heavy and tingly. I can feel it go up to my neck and face at times. But the main symptom is heavy shoulders. I do have low vitamin D and B. I forgot to take my supplements for almost a week. When I forget, my le...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause weakness, body ache and tingling sensation. But you told that after not taking the supplements your symptoms get aggravated. In my opinion, it is psychological only,...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having raised vitamin B12 and SGOT?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old male. I have a B12 level of 1800 pg/mL and SGOT of 80 U/L. My SGOT level is within range. I have never taken B12 supplements. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not be scared. Repeat the tests soon. A raised B12 can happen due to laboratory error. Even after that, if you have SGOT (aspartate transaminase) above SGPT (alanine transaminase), you should do a USG (ultrasound) abdomen. A raised SGOT above SGPT of about 2:1 ratio ...  Read Full »

My legs and ankles are swollen from the past three weeks. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My leg and ankle have been swollen for about three weeks. There are times it becomes normal, but I noticed that every time I am exhausted, the leg swelling increases, making it difficult for me to walk. I also wake up with difficulty in breathing, and my hands tend to go numb if I sl...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and the detailed reports, which you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that you have dependent pedal edema, which means, that after prolonged exertion and continuously being on your feet for long hours, it ...  Read Full »

How does diet help in mental health conditions?

Query: Hi doctor, How does diet help in mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety? I would like to discuss the success of incorporating diet in mental health treatment.  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some research studies prove the role of diet in mental disorder mainly mood disorders like depression and anxiety disorders. In general, diets rich in proteins especially aromatic amino acid proteins, complex carbohydrates and low fats help to improve serotonergic neurot...  Read Full »