Anxiety Attacks

Is it normal to get panic attacks and anxiety about being home alone?

Query: I m doing PhD recent times I m getting panic attack and anxiety sudden and I m fear of being alone in home my mind always think some things bad will happen to me I m trying to concentrate myself on other activities I m not able to concentrate suddenly I feel racing my heart beat and difficult in bre...  Read Full »

Dr. Mustafa Ibrahim

Answer: Thank you for using our website, First of all,there are two scenarios for your cases.The first scenario is you could have faced a stressful situation and this situation has triggered the panic attack.The situation may have appeared trivial,but it could pointed to an important events in your childhoo...  Read Full »

How to overcome major depressive illness, sleep deprivation, and anxiety attacks?

Query: I am suffering from major depressive illness,sleep deprivation,anxiety attacks,heavy breathing ,fatigue and exhaustion.i am a doctor myself, and currently taking Petril 0.5mg. I need help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq - How long have you been experiencing features of depression , anxiety and related symptoms? - Is there any ongoing stressor in your life that is exacerbating your symptoms ? Being a doctor can itself be an exhausting and demanding job. - I note that you are taking Petri...  Read Full »

How do I control my anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question dealing with a disorder that I have had for a long time now. I am suffering with severe anxiety. I want to know that in what way can I handle my bad anxiety. I have tried many methods to deal with my anxiety, but nothing much is changing. I recently started to wonder if ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are suffering with severe anxiety and panic attacks. Our brain is designed in such a way that we react to external signals and stimuli. Our reaction depends on the stimuli. If the stimuli are less, then we react less and if the stimuli are more,...  Read Full »

How do Benzodiazepine work on anxiety and panic attacks?

Query: Hello doctor, I currently suffer from anxiety attacks and panic attacks. It has been changing over the course of about four years, getting better and worse again. In everyday life it is manageable, but the attacks cause some unreasonable thoughts and ideas to form. I have heard about the use of Ben...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anxiety and panic attacks are extremely common and 15 to 20 percent of people suffer from this issue at some point in their lives. Standard treatment for anxiety is the use of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) type of medicines. They are usually given for...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best alternative for Deanxit to control anxiety attacks.

Query: Hello doctor, More than 20 years ago, I suffered from anxiety derived from the use of drugs and my family situation, from which I recovered with Deanxit and psychoanalytic therapy. Of course, I quitted cocaine forever. I was in therapy for seven years. At the end I recovered completely, having a f...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have actually got everything right with what you think you are experiencing. It is dysthymia. Basically the neurotransmitter deficiency, be it for whatever reason is the cause. In males, it usually appears between 30 to 40s. Also, it is not necessary to have ir...  Read Full »

To stop continuous panic attacks, which drug can be taken other than Clonazepam?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been on Klonopin that is Clonazepam prescribed before 14 years for panic attacks and anxiety. I am currently on the 2 mg dosage and taking it four times a day. This is monitored every few months by my family doctor. For the past one week, I have noticed that I have been experienc...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Anxiety and panic disorders are serious disorders and tend to recur. Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine drug and have good efficacy in controlling the symptoms of anxiety. The drug can control panic symptoms effectively but is not the treatment ...  Read Full »

How to control my partner's extreme anxiety episodes?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner has spells that are occurring more frequently and I am really worried. The symptoms start with extreme anxiety and the need to get away and also sometimes dejavu. Followed by numbness mostly just one side of his face and body, but also total body once or twice. He says he can s...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a severe case of anxiety and panic attack where patients think they have been paralysed with an unknown fear without them realising the problem or sometimes the fear. If your partner realises that he has a fear then he needs therapy. If he does not know the fear t...  Read Full »

What are the causes of fast heartbeats?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have noticed that sometimes I wake up with my heart beating too fast and can feel my heart. This first happened when I woke up and took a look at my little child and thought my child was not breathing. That time my heart rate increased strongly. After this, sometimes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please follow exercise and diet to reduce weight. Trivial MR - mitral regurgitation can progress and cause atrial fibrillation (irregular fast heart beat). So, for now check your thyroid functions (T3, T4 and TSH - thyroid-stimulating hormone), ECG (electrocardiogram...  Read Full »

What is hormone replacement therapy?

Query: Hello doctor, I take Clorazepate, Quetiapine, Akineton (Biperiden), Ludiomil (Maprotiline) and Lyrica (Pregabalin). I am wondering whether I can go ahead with hormone replacement therapy which includes Estrogen and Spironolactone.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know first for what purpose you are on these medicines? What is your purpose of planning to go for hormone replacement? Revert back with the asked details to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrino...  Read Full »

What does negative troponin with intense chest pain suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old female. I get random chest pain either on the left side or on the right side that is painful to touch. There are some instances when it feels like my chest is going to collapse. This feeling lasts for a second or two. Almost like a lightning bolt has shocked me. The...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your troponin was normal, this is good because that was not heart attack. Regarding your ECG (electrocardiogram), I do not know what was the abnormality. I want to see your ECG to guide you accordingly. One thing I would stress that plea...  Read Full »