Anxiety Attacks

What can cause a dull pain over the left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having episodes where I will have periods of dull pain over my left eye, the area where the bridge of my nose meets my brow bone. At the same time, I am getting a tingling sensation in my right groin at a very specific location and not a generalized tingling. The periods o...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. From the available description, it is clear that you are having frontal sinusitis which can explain all of your symptoms except tingling sensation in groin. Presence of pain on touch (tenderness), pain while in rec...  Read Full »

What causes left-sided headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a left-sided unilateral headache for the last four weeks. The pain varies in place, but it is always centered on my left temporal area. Pain can be on the top of my head, cheek, side of jaw and even chin at times. I have also had momentary ear pain, which is a brief one second ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for such a detailed query. Let us break down your symptoms one by one: Regarding left sided temporal headache, broadly it is a little unlikely for a benign tension headache to be unilateral: mostly it is bilateral and band like. My big differential would be ...  Read Full »

I am having anxiety attacks and I feel myself in perpetual nihilism and total apathy. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am having some anxiety attacks right now because I am feeling overwhelmed with the medical school application process. I have a history of undiagnosed major depression (the reason I know I have it is that I studied psychology at university and know the symptoms and etiology pretty wel...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Feelings and symptoms like palpitations, getting a heart attack, difficulty in breathing, digestive concerns, and sleep problems can be a part of heart-related issues or anxiety. Besides worrying consistently and preoccupations are also a part of it. Since you have m...  Read Full »

I Have A Tingling Sensation In My Hands And Feet. Can It Be Due To Anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26 year old female. At the beginning of this year, I had a bad cold, and two weeks later, I had a tingling in the wrists, feet, and legs, which the doctor said was reactive arthritis which lasted a few weeks. Then, the first time my left hand felt weak was five months back. It f...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have remitting symptoms, which have not hampered your activities. Also, these symptoms are not objective but, only subjective. This can be related to your stress. Try doing meditation. Do not worry at all. These symptoms will disappear. But, if you get any objectiv...  Read Full »

Feeling of Uneasiness and Weakness

Query: Hi doctor, A 44 year old woman, suddenly felt uneasiness and weakness. Her BP was measured and the reading was 141/96. She weighs 55 kg, non-diabetic, no previous history of dyslipidemia and she is quite active. What investigations should be done immediately? And how to proceed?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, a single episode with the symptoms of uneasiness and weakness is most of the times nonspecific or due to a mild anxiety attack. If such is the case you should not be worried about it. But, if such episodes are frequent and comes repeatedly, then definitely it ...  Read Full »

What can be done to reduce anxiety attacks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am wondering about my friend's case. I have just known that he has been suffering from panic attacks, fear, and anxiety for a long time. As a friend of his, I want to know more tips to do if I was there when he has them or I am not around, more tips about daily life and so on. He is...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your friend is suffering from anxiety disorder and panic attacks (an extreme form of anxiety). Anxiety occurs when our brain starts sensing danger without any external cause following which body and brain come to the activated level and physical and mental symptoms of a...  Read Full »

I have an anxiety problem from the past 10 years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your brief description, it appears that you are suffering from some anxiety disorder most probably generalized anxiety disorder. The drug you are taking is neither sufficient nor appropriate when we have a lot of safer and more effective drugs currently. I assure y...  Read Full »

How to stop a panic attack naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a horrible panic attack two weeks ago. My arms and legs went numb. Even now, I am having trouble with them and my balance. What can I do to stop this?  Read Full »

Dr. M K Rathore

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment includes some medicines and psychotherapy. Medication includes antidepressants (SSRI's, TCI), antianxiety drugs. It is better to see a doctor before taking any medicine as the best medication for your panic attacks will depend on a variety of factors, l...  Read Full »

Suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks for the last 3 years. Need second opinion on the prescription.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 years. I went to a neurologist 2 years back and he advised me to take REXIPRA 10 for 3 months, SOLTUS 50 for 6 months, HEMIDAP PLUS for 9 months & ZEPAM .5 for 12 months. Upon following these medications, I was improvin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. As per your diagnosis of anxiety and panic attacks, there should be no doubt whether you need neurologist or psychiatrist. Both these conditions come under the domain of psychiatrist and they are more able to treat these ...  Read Full »

I have a lot of health issues, but my reports are always normal. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I have been primarily suffering from a headache on the right side of the head above the ears for many years. The headache is almost always there. Even when I wake up at night to go to the toilet, I can feel a slight headache. I do not feel fresh when I wake ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. As you know, the cause of all your problems is anxiety disorder and depression. Taking allopathic medicines or any medication for this problem for long duration will eventually make you dependent on them, and it would become hard for you to leav...  Read Full »