Anxiety Attacks

The fear of a situation or thinking about a problem that might occur is called an anxiety attack. An anxiety attack can result in restlessness, increased heart rate, indigestion, stomach pain, sleep problems, dry mouth, feeling faint, and sweating. Work pressure, family or relationship issues, reduced mobility, etc., can result in anxiety attacks.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the cause for lower pelvic pain with numbness and tingling of the same side leg?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having some pelvic pain in the lower left side for a couple of weeks. I went to the doctor, and he said everything looked fine. So, I thought maybe it is a muscle strain in the groin area. Today two hours back, I was sitting on the floor for 20 to 30 minutes, and my entire...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to We need to evaluate stroke with such description. This could be an anxiety attack, but ruling out stroke is utmost important. In such a case, I would recommend you to go to a nearby ER and get evaluated clinically. If they find any evidence of stroke, they will get your...  Read Full »

Will labyrinthitis trigger depression?

Query: Hi doctor, A week ago today, I suddenly experienced severe dizziness and some ringing in my ear, which a doctor diagnosed as labyrinthitis. On day two of this, completely out of the blue, I experienced a huge anxiety attack, derealization, terror, and a pit in my stomach or chest, extreme generaliz...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi doctor, I can understand your situation. you have a history of depression, and you just need any triggering factor for relapse. So infection plays a triggering factor for your anxiety, and now you have a relapse. You do not need to rule out anything, and you should do blood reports such as vit...  Read Full »

How to know if a person has anxiety disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, What can someone do to be a supportive ally to a friend, family member, or partner who has anxiety? What are the common signs that your loved one might be suffering from anxiety? What are the different ways that anxiety can manifest itself? What are the most typical behaviors or sympt...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to To become a supportive ally to a family member or friend or partner who has anxiety one has to accept that he or she has the illness. Anxiety is a psychiatric illness like any other disease or ailment. It should be clear in mind, and this helps to empathize with the...  Read Full »

Will Clonazepam help in overcoming insecurities faced around people due to anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have depression and anxiety. I have excessive anxiety affecting my ability to work at my job and feeling insecure around one colleague. I had a similar episode that prevented me from working on the same shift as the staff that I am anxious around. Currently not on any medication. I use...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You may have a major depressive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it. It would be best if you tried to follow the below guidelines to deal with it: 1) You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk. 2) You should...  Read Full »

I am not able to breathe and losing control of myself. Do I need to visit ER?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My weight is about 310 to 315 lbs. My height is 5'7". I am in need to know if I am crazy or need to go to the ER. I have for some time now been having these sorts of attacks. I could not breathe, feel extremely hot and break in sweats. My chest is tight. My eyes...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Dhamankar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It all seems to be an acute panic attack or acute anxiety attack. You need to distress yourself. Lifestyle modification will suit you better like meditation, yoga, aerobics, zumba, and breathing exercise. Still, if the symptoms are distressing, then I suggest you the fo...  Read Full »

How to deal with depression, anxiety, and panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I had depression, anxiety, and panic attacks last year. The medications I took slowed down my daily functions. It made things more difficult. I also had symptoms of PTSD last year. Now I have similar symptoms and feel emotionless. I cannot focus on something. I have depressive episodes, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for your query. I can understand your situation. You may have mixed anxiety-depressive disorder and less likely to be ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) or PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). There is non-pharmacological management for it, and ...  Read Full »

How to manage mixed anxiety-depressive disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from panic attacks, anxiety, and many other symptoms that come along with it. I have to leave work constantly and go home a lot of the time due to a panic attack. Also, I feel as if I cannot stay still in one place for a long time. I constantly need a change of scen...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You seem to have a mixed anxiety-depressive disorder. This is very common, and about 10 to 15 percent of people have this problem. It is also very easily treatable. You will need to visit a psychiatrist. He will prescribe you SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor...  Read Full »

Should I start taking Ativan after an anxiety attack?

Query: Hi doctor,Two years back, I gave birth to my baby. After that, I start to suffer from PPD. I was prescribed Ativan and Zoloft. I stopped taking Ativan after taking it for a few months. I am still taking Zoloft 100 mg. For a week, I am experiencing some anxious feelings. I had full-blown anxiety two ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. You can take tablet Lorazepam 0.5 mg or Clonazepam MD 0.5 mg while having an anxiety attack. Do not take it daily. Take as per requirement. You should take them in a mouth dissolving form. It will give an immediate effect. Try to follow th...  Read Full »

Why am I having constant nervousness with a dry nose and breathing difficulty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from constant nervousness. It is neither due to stress nor from panic or anxiety. I do get it once in every four years. Along with the nervousness, I get a dry nose, frequent burning of stomach and gas after having food. I think it makes my breathing uneasy. I cannot keep s...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would like to know the feeling you are experiencing. What happens in that nervousness? What kind of thoughts intrude inside you that time? Do you feel nervous throughout of the days? What does exactly happen at every 4 year interval? The symptom of dry nose and breathing...  Read Full »

How to prevent an anxiety attack because of ringing sound in the ears?

Query: Hi doctor, I am asking on behalf of my son. My son is 15 years old with a weight of 164 kilograms and a height of five feet. His problems started yesterday after taking a shower. He hears a high-pitched ringing sound in the ears. Last night, he had three anxiety attacks due to it and he took Stresa...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Ringing sensation is common and prevalent. There are many suspected causes for having ringing sensations in the ears. The most common one is the wax impinging the eardrum. Your son started to have this sound after showering. Even water, soap, hair follicles within the e...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.